Dan Wesson .357 Magnum Model 14-2 Questions
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Dan Wesson .357 Magnum Model 14-2 Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2009, 03:37 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Dan Wesson .357 Magnum Model 14-2 Questions

I have a few questions, hopefully someone can answer for me. I recently purchased a Dan Wesson .357 Magnum Model 14-2. I cant find any info about it. I paid 280, was that a deal or to much? It came with the original box and a 2.5 inch barrel, thats it. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about the firearm. I have been looking for new grips and possibly new barrels, but cannot find anything for a model 14-2, everything is for a model 15. Are model 14's rare, or not a good model? Any help would be greatly appreciated. One last question being a new gun owner I have heard Dan Wessons are affiliated with Smith & Wesson, any truth to that. Thanks

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-04-2009, 04:06 AM   #2

A 14-2 is the same gun as a 15-2, except the sights are fixed on the 14. Other than that, everything is the same. $280 is a good price if it's in good shape. 14's aren't rare, but aren't all that common.

Dan Wesson was related to the Wesson in in S&W, but there is no connection between the two companies, or the guns themselves. I personally will take a Dan Wesson over any comparable S&W model. I've owned both, and like the

Old 04-05-2009, 03:06 AM   #3
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

That is a fair price for the pistol. Hemiram is correct concerning the difference between the 14 and 15.

With that said a S&W is a better pistol when compared to D&W. Don't take my word for it just compare the sales between the two and it tells the story. All the same if the one you have is in good shape it's a good pistol. Enjoy it