Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Revolver Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f16/)
-   -   Custom Revolver Maker: Anyone who specializes? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f16/custom-revolver-maker-anyone-who-specializes-34120/)

Dillinger 11-08-2010 05:32 PM

Custom Revolver Maker: Anyone who specializes?
 
Okay, I am not talking about a gunshop that does 60% of their business in rifles, 20% in AR's and the other 20% is whatever walks in the door.

I am talking a place that takes revolvers seriously and will turn out a quality model that isn't the S&W Performance Center and isn't a place like D&L Sports that charges 10 times the price for the same gun because it has been blessed. :rolleyes:

I am thinking I have the need for a .44 mag revolver that is a shorter barrel for carry, but still accurate and fine tuned for easy shooting without needing wrist surgery. :cool:

Anyone know a guy?

NGIB 11-08-2010 05:38 PM

Dude, you expect to run into some angry bears? A small .44 Mag isn't real pleasant to shoot by any stretch of the imagination. On the serious side, S&W revolvers are quite easy to work on and smooth out yourself. I did the trigger work on my 686 and it is very smooth and sprung just right...

Dillinger 11-08-2010 05:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The .44 has always had a special place for me. My old man had one and my grandfather owned one. I figure now that I am "old" I need at least one .44 in the arsenal.

I have shot a couple of smaller barrel .44's that were quite tame if prepped & weighted correctly.

I love the look of this piece, but definitely not in that caliber and definitely NOT for the pricetag on it. :eek:

canebrake 11-08-2010 06:09 PM

Hard to beat Jim Clark, Jr.

Clark Custom Guns, Inc
336 Shootout Lane
Princeton, LA 71067
(888)458-4126 toll free
(318)949-9829 fax

Revolver Conversions by Clark Custom Guns, Inc. - Satisfaction GUARANTEED!

rjgnwdc 11-08-2010 06:23 PM

Here's a couple
 
I'm looking at these two at Buds, I was thinking the same thing about a .44
I should have one I'm old too

Smith & Wesson 629 Classic .44 Mag 5" $775
Smith & Wesson 329PD .44 Mag/.44SW 4" Airlite HIVIZ $904

Mark F 11-08-2010 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger (Post 382795)
Okay, I am not talking about a gunshop that does 60% of their business in rifles, 20% in AR's and the other 20% is whatever walks in the door.

I am talking a place that takes revolvers seriously and will turn out a quality model that isn't the S&W Performance Center and isn't a place like D&L Sports that charges 10 times the price for the same gun because it has been blessed. :rolleyes:

I am thinking I have the need for a .44 mag revolver that is a shorter barrel for carry, but still accurate and fine tuned for easy shooting without needing wrist surgery. :cool:

Anyone know a guy?

You need to wrap your fingers around a 329PD that has a .500 A&W grip on it. It'll give you a woody...

Dillinger 11-08-2010 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark F (Post 382825)
You need to wrap your fingers around a 329PD that has a .500 A&W grip on it. It'll give you a woody...

Got any pics of yours? I know you have one, you revolver hoarding bastard. :p:D

Mark F 11-08-2010 07:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger (Post 382828)
Got any pics of yours? I know you have one, you revolver hoarding bastard. :p:D

I took a new photo just for you Buddy!

spittinfire 11-08-2010 07:06 PM

Funny you should bring this up, JD. I just returned from shooting all my magnum handguns and let me just say, a good pair of shooting gloves can do a lot for a day magnum shooting. Tamed my 44 right down.

Dillinger 11-08-2010 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark F (Post 382841)
I took a new photo just for you Buddy!

Bastard. :p

I'll have to add that you my around town shopping list. Lots of pawn and used gun stores in the Tacoma area. I just got to find one without a body on it. :eek:


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:49 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.