Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Revolver Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f16/)
-   -   Cowboy Action Shooting Revolvers (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f16/cowboy-action-shooting-revolvers-25859/)

Dzscubie 04-09-2010 10:35 PM

Cowboy Action Shooting Revolvers

Hey guys,

One of my officers has two CAS revolvers for sale and I'm thinking about buying them, however, I know little about them and don't know if the pricing is right. I have inspected them and they are in very good condition but again I'm not sure what to really look for specifically. I don’t have any pictures but I’m planning to take them to the Meet and greet next week to get the other Texas members impression and advice. What do y’all think about the pricing?

UBERTI, Single Action Army Target Model .357 Mag $175 (Older model)

RUGER Vaquero, Single Action .357 Mag $350 (new model)

Double K, Crossdraw Holster set $100

ALL $550

DoyleTheDog 04-09-2010 10:49 PM

I don't know much about the Ubertis, but that Ruger for 350 is a good deal I'd say...

John Fox 04-11-2010 12:36 AM

I have an Uberti and it is a good gun. Beretta bought the company and put out the SAA's as their own.

Jynx 04-11-2010 02:28 AM

I just picked up a .45 Ruger New Vaquero for $400... and I thought that was a good deal. $350 is a damn steal.

Dad has an old Uberti Cattleman .357 mag that I think appraised for just a tad bit more than what he's asking for the Ruger. I'm not sure what the difference is, but the Cattleman is a damn fine revolver.

Sounds like a good group. I'd jump on it.

diggsbakes 04-11-2010 03:07 AM

At least buy the Ruger. That is a good price.

But if you got the $$$ BUY 'EM ALL! ! !

I like cross-draws, but I'm not quite sure of the value of the set you listed. I'm sure if he's offering the Ruger @ $350, the rest is gonna be a decent buy as well.

Look forward to seeing the new family members. :)

Dzscubie 05-22-2010 07:12 PM

Well I had these sold to a friend but turned out he ended up not being able to buy them, so wouldnít you know it, I ended up buying them for myself.

As Glasshartt said, ďYou always wanted to get into cowboy action shooting so go ahead and buy themĒ. :D

Now, I donít really want the 357ís as I would rather have 45 Long Coltís so Iím going to sell these or try and trade them.

Anyone know anyone or anyplace I might be able to work something out?

Iíll post pictures of them when I get off work today.

diggsbakes 05-22-2010 07:30 PM

Hell for that price I'd just keep 'em. The .357 is a much more common and available cartridge and .38s are dirt cheap right now.

You could practice a lot more cowboy action with those.

Just my opinion though. :)

Dzscubie 05-22-2010 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diggsbakes (Post 288742)
Hell for that price I'd just keep 'em. The .357 is a much more common and available cartridge and .38s are dirt cheap right now.

You could practice a lot more cowboy action with those.

Just my opinion though. :)

:D I reload :D

jamesjo 05-22-2010 09:58 PM

Good price on the Ruger!
Can't say avout the Uberti, but seems the package price is pretty good also. Don't see you should have much trouble selling.

Dzscubie 05-23-2010 02:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here they are the new additions to Glassís and my family. Both are really nice but hope I can find a couple of 45 LCís to take their place.