Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Conversion revolvers....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2007, 04:26 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Conversion revolvers....

Hi everyone,

I've seen on a few websites you can take a percussion revolver, like say a Colt Dragoon and convert it to .44WCF or .45LC but it says "some gunsmithing required". Is it just getting the timing back in order or more to it? Thanks for any info,

Russ

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-22-2007, 10:50 PM   #2

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default Revolver conversions

First off,what you are doing when converting a cap and ball percussion revolver to cartridge may or may NOT be legal in your area so you need to check that first. When doing conversion,you'll be using a completely different cylinder so you not only have to check timing,you'll also need to check/set lockup,endshake,barrel/cylinder gap,etc. Unless you really know a good bit about working on revolvers,it's best to let gunsmith install it so it'll be safe and correctly installed.

Old 10-23-2007, 01:34 AM   #3

Heck I live in Texas (South Texas for that matter) it will would be considered a firearm instead of black powder and prefectly legal. I just would like to see what all it would take to turn a Dragoon into a .45LC, and I was thinking right by your post I need to take it to a gunsmith to get it done. Has anyone done this before?