conceal carry holster??
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > conceal carry holster??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2014, 01:21 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 20 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default conceal carry holster??

i have a 4 inch barrel ruger service six, i am going to get my permit soon and untill i can get a smaller gun the ruger will be my carry gun. i have tried to check online but i can't figure anything out with all the models of holsters. i can't afford a lot of money but don't want something that will break in a few times carrying either. i saw a uncle mikes in the waist band holster size 2 for $12-$16 on ebay as the cheapest that look made well. how about some others that ya'll use?, thanks for any help.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-26-2014, 02:30 AM   #2

Likes Given: 7

Take a look at Alien Gear holsters. Just do a search online. They have a life time warranty on there holsters. They are reasonable price too.

Old 07-29-2014, 12:13 AM   #3

are these good holsters?, i found these on ebay: Safariland Custom Fit Paddle Belt Holster Smith & Wesson K & L Frame 568-09-411

Old 07-29-2014, 12:22 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 87 Times on 63 Posts
Likes Given: 28

I would recommend an IWB clip on, I have so many holsters I have tried, the only ones that stood test of time were the clip ons, easy on, easy off. The ones you have to thread your belt through are a PITA.

Old 07-31-2014, 03:53 PM   #5

does safariland make good stuff?, i found a dealer that has offered me 2 new safailand model 568 holsters for just $50. it's his last 2 and when i messaged him on a lower price as he had 1 for $36 he gave me this deal. what do ya'll think? thanks

Old 08-01-2014, 03:27 AM   #6

i have found some iwb holsters on ebay, they are american made, leather, steel clip and with lifetime warranty. however they told me that they make they're holsters for modern guns only and the service six isn't on they're list. they have holsters for gp100, one for sp101 then they have s&w k frame holster and a s&w l frame holster. then a taurus 65 and 66 holster then taurus tracker. and a rossi 971. which would be closer to my gun? it's got me puzzled, this is my first looking for these holsters as i normally just open carry. thanks for any help

Old 08-02-2014, 05:17 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1495 Times on 1013 Posts
Likes Given: 520

This is just my opinion. I am sure there are exceptions. By and large DeSantis holsters are the best value for the money.

Really, you are over thinking your holster selection. If you have love handles carrying IWB isn't going to be fun unless you are prepared to appendix carry. I have a box full of leather holsters I put a lot of thought into buying. Each purchase was attempt to carry a gun in a way that my body isn't built to do. I finally wised up and realized I have two choices when I carry a gun. I can either wear a paddle holster and dress around it or I can put the gun in my pocket. There is a third choice appendix carry IWB. I don't like the idea of a gun pointing at my junk and the gun really spoils the mood when my wife is frisky.

Here is my G19 in a Desantis Pocket Tuk. The G19 is close to the same length as your security six. The pocket tuk also has a clip for IWB carry. For $15 the Pocket Tuk is a very versatile holster. The soft Tuk similar to the pocket Tuk but it is a little more compact.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Last edited by John_Deer; 08-03-2014 at 02:15 AM.

Old 08-03-2014, 04:29 PM   #8

Wow i sure didn't know how many holsters were really out there, i found this on gun broker. it fits the service six 4 inch, looks good and is around $25 after shipping. anyone have something like this?

Old 08-07-2014, 08:01 AM   #9

Liked 104 Times on 87 Posts
Likes Given: 219

Pass on uncle mikes. So far my favorite holster is the safari land 5181-09. I use it for edc of a 4" ruger police service six.