Clerk 1st question
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Clerk 1st question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2011, 01:57 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Clerk 1st question

30 years ago my roomate short on cash gave me a clerke 1st 22 in lue of some cash. The gun defines saturday night special, it is a POS design but does shoot very accurate up to about 6 inches. Anyone know anything about this critter? I'm almost afraid to sell it as a $25 gun often ends up in the wrong hands.
Thanks as always
Dash

Last edited by Dashell; 05-01-2011 at 01:58 AM. Reason: redundance

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-01-2011, 03:04 AM   #2

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

It's just a shame you already told the world you owned one, otherwise ANY gun is worth more than $25 as a drop gun.

Just googled and the first one I saw sold at auction for $79.95.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
G.O.A. LIFETIME MEMBER!
Sole owner of Random Thought # 5,000

Old 05-01-2011, 09:57 AM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9381 Times on 4045 Posts
Likes Given: 1476

They are so low in quality no even listed in most price guides. Seem to recall them about 1971, made in US, I THINK, to take the place of the cheap cholly hanguns that could not longer be imported due to the 1968 GCA. Frame was, IIRC, cast pot metal (zinc alloy). They made them in (shudder) 22, 32 S&W, and 38 S&W. Sold for about $15 new in 1971. Accuracy equal to that of a thrown folding chair. Think they were voted "Most Likely to be Dropped by a Fleeing Felon".

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 05-02-2011, 06:38 AM   #4
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Keep it until you find a local PD doing a gun buy back project and then take the $50 gift card. The pistol is as much a threat to the person holding it as it is to the one it's pointed at.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.