Cleaning Ruger Stainless .44 Mag - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns >

Cleaning Ruger Stainless .44 Mag

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2009, 04:41 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 374 Times on 255 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Yeah, this cloth I buy for my stainless S&W 629, called lead wipe, works pretty well, but it is still alot of work to get the lead out from the cheap lead wad cutters I shoot, especially at the pressure cone area of the barrel.

BTW, I only have this problem when shooting cheap lead wad cutters. When I have used ammo for hunting with this "Hog Leg", I have no problems cleaning afterwards. (copper clad) I have hunted and taken pig with this pistol. Thats what I bought it for. If I had it to do over again, I would have bought it in a blued steel version.

Old 08-13-2009, 11:40 AM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 73 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrm14 View Post
Yeah, this cloth I buy for my stainless S&W 629, called lead wipe, works pretty well, but it is still alot of work to get the lead out from the cheap lead wad cutters I shoot, especially at the pressure cone area of the barrel.

BTW, I only have this problem when shooting cheap lead wad cutters. When I have used ammo for hunting with this "Hog Leg", I have no problems cleaning afterwards. (copper clad) I have hunted and taken pig with this pistol. Thats what I bought it for. If I had it to do over again, I would have bought it in a blued steel version.
I have taken out many feral pigs with my Ruger Bisley 44 Mag. I use a 330 grain hard cast bullet for bone breaking & deep penetration. I do get some leading but it's easy to clean.

Old 08-14-2009, 11:52 AM   #13

Get over it!!! I bought a tube of flitz for over $20 bucks. The amway product works better and for less that $5 bucks for 8.8 oz. I do not sell amway. Just trying to help you and others save some $$$$$$$$

Old 08-14-2009, 02:28 PM   #14

I do sell AmWay and can attest... well, not really. Easy dude, I think WDB was just razzin' a little.

Anywho, does EITHER Flitz or the Amway stuff effect the way the finish matches the rest of the gun that is not wiped with it? I have only used the lead removal clothes that have been mentioned.

Old 08-14-2009, 02:52 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 73 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepcreep927 View Post
I do sell AmWay and can attest... well, not really. Easy dude, I think WDB was just razzin' a little.

Anywho, does EITHER Flitz or the Amway stuff effect the way the finish matches the rest of the gun that is not wiped with it? I have only used the lead removal clothes that have been mentioned.
Flitz will not damage any finish what so ever, but it will easily remove GSR and lead.

I do not own stock in Flitz, nor do I work for them. It's just a great product. One tube of Flitz will last a life-time, so who gives a crap if it costs a buck or two more...

Old 08-14-2009, 05:07 PM   #16

I would use the AmWay LOC Metal cleaner on stainless guns only. They say the flitz is safe for blued guns also. Don't know. I can not tell any difference between rubed and unrubed parts of my Rugers via either products. thanks.

Old 08-15-2009, 02:21 AM   #17

Liked 374 Times on 255 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark F View Post
I have taken out many feral pigs with my Ruger Bisley 44 Mag. I use a 330 grain hard cast bullet for bone breaking & deep penetration. I do get some leading but it's easy to clean.
I've used Federal 300 grain castcore on the piggeys and it seems to work well too.