Charter Pathfinder Conversion

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Charter Pathfinder Conversion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2013, 11:39 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 61 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Default Charter Pathfinder Conversion

When I got into handgun shooting a while back I bought a Charter Arms Pathfinder Target .22LR as a "basic trainer" and it served quite well. In fact, it has since trained three grandchildren who have since moved on to other aspects of firearms. While I really love this pistol in .22LR, I would also like the option of shooting .22 Mag in it. I know Charter makes a Mag version and even has a convertible model. Does anyone know if the standard LR is up to Magnum pressures and if a change of cylinder is all that would be required for this?

"History teaches that war begins when nations believe that the price of aggression is cheap." - Ronald Reagan

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-14-2013, 01:35 AM   #2

Liked 709 Times on 457 Posts
Likes Given: 227

The 22 mag has a slightly larger bullet diameter.

Just walking on the edge of of my grave.

Old 07-14-2013, 02:09 AM   #3

Liked 100 Times on 64 Posts

Both guns use the same bore diameter from Charter. All that is necessary is a cylinder.
Charter may do the work for you. Call them.