Charter Arms Revolvers - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Charter Arms Revolvers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2014, 01:52 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Charter Arms 9mm FED revolver

Charter Arms 9mm FED revolver purchased on gunbroker. Did not pick up on the FED means it can only fire an obsolete 9mm cartridge designed for this model exculsively (shortly before company bankruptcy)

It's a 2" stainless steel 5 round revolver, Charter Arms 1st. attempt at a revolver that shoots 9mm w/o need for moon clips.
Since due to expense of specialized ammo, non-standard 9mm ammo, right now it is an expensive paper weight. But did email Charter Arms with my tail of woe and a got a very nice response from company owner's wife suggesting moon clips but not sure that will work since Ruger 9mm moon clips don't work w/ the Charter Arms, without an expert gunsmithing.

It's all to say that current management is very customer focused and newer 9mm revolver is 6 rounds and every bit as well build and just a handsome revolver but good luck finding one in stock with any dealer. Would I buy another Charter Arms revolver? Yes I would.

Old 04-09-2014, 02:19 PM   #22

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

i have carried a .44 special Bulldog in my boot for years. the 3" barrel shoots pretty good out to 15 yards.

Old 04-09-2014, 05:32 PM   #23

Liked 155 Times on 103 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kburton264 View Post
Charter Arms 9mm FED revolver purchased on gunbroker. Did not pick up on the FED means it can only fire an obsolete 9mm cartridge designed for this model exculsively (shortly before company bankruptcy)

It's a 2" stainless steel 5 round revolver, Charter Arms 1st. attempt at a revolver that shoots 9mm w/o need for moon clips.
Since due to expense of specialized ammo, non-standard 9mm ammo, right now it is an expensive paper weight. But did email Charter Arms with my tail of woe and a got a very nice response from company owner's wife suggesting moon clips but not sure that will work since Ruger 9mm moon clips don't work w/ the Charter Arms, without an expert gunsmithing.

It's all to say that current management is very customer focused and newer 9mm revolver is 6 rounds and every bit as well build and just a handsome revolver but good luck finding one in stock with any dealer. Would I buy another Charter Arms revolver? Yes I would.
Moon clips will probably work fine. If not, all that needs to be done is a small amount of material removed from the rear of the cylinder.
Or, you could have Charter fit a .38 special cylinder to the gun.

Old 04-12-2014, 07:32 PM   #24

Liked 110 Times on 91 Posts
Likes Given: 219

I bought one of the pink charter 38's for my aging mother. it is accurate as long as the user does their part, it is a bit snappy with standard pressure 125gr loads, the 110 or 90 gr loads are fine though, and still more punch than a 380.

Old 04-12-2014, 10:31 PM   #25

Liked 355 Times on 212 Posts
Likes Given: 64

I just picked up a .357 Mag Pug. Good feeling little revolver. Nicer grips than the similar Taurus. The metal finishing could be a little better. A couple edges could use a bit more file work. I'll get it out to the range this week and form some more thoughts.

Old 04-13-2014, 07:04 AM   #26

Thanks Bill,

Good advice!

I'm going to take to a gunsmith I and ask him to examine and tell me how best to make changes that will make it into a revolver that can fire common
brand ammo

Old 04-21-2014, 09:44 AM   #27
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3380 Times on 2286 Posts
Likes Given: 710

My Charter Pitbull 9MM is shipping this week finally! I'll have it next week sometime( when I can get there with the Balance)...

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 08-07-2014, 03:38 AM   #28

Had an original Bulldog .44 back in the '70's...good gun, but today's Charters are even better. Drooling over the new version .44 in the gun case...

Old 08-07-2014, 04:28 AM   #29

I have a Pit Bull .40 S&W. I have had it for about three years. It shoots pretty accurately with factory hot loads and heavier bullets but is much more accurate with 150 grain handloads at about 1200 fps. It is much easier to handle with the lighter bullets I the 2-1/2 inch barrel.

Old 08-07-2014, 04:40 AM   #30
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3380 Times on 2286 Posts
Likes Given: 710

I wanted the 4" but they were out of stock and back ordered, so I have the 2.25." It's crisp, clean, and just barely feel the recoil unless I'm using +P loads,...

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...