Charter Arms Pink Lady - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns >

Charter Arms Pink Lady

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2013, 09:55 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 331 Times on 263 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Now do a wollf rp hammer spring and maybe see groups tighten even more. My oldest daughter claimed my charter arms ultra light. She shoots it better than I did and carries 125gr underwood ammo in it. Recoil in that 13oz pistol is something to get your attention with that load. They are not as pretty as the old blue models. Like you found out given rounds down range they do seem to wear in nicely. Don't bother buying the small 2 finger grip. Makes for a hard to control hammer'n little pistol. Took my girl all of 5 rounds to replace it with the larger grip. Took me only 2. hehe.

Old 03-15-2013, 01:14 AM   #22
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8751 Times on 5227 Posts
Likes Given: 11606

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
i too like pink guns but number one criteria is the gun has to be a good one first. functionality is first and foremost then looks. if you just gotta have a revolver the ruger lcr in 357mag is hard to beat. ive fired them and they are decent enough for a snubby. you dont have to shoot 357mags in it but its good to have that capability.

you can always send any gun off for a pink duracoating.

here is my ruger 10/22 in pink. i had the normally black reciever duracoated pink to match

Charter Arms Pink Lady - Revolver Handguns
You are such a tease.

Old 03-15-2013, 04:16 AM   #23

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Interesting thread. Have you considered a Ruger LCR. I have one, and am very impressed with its accuracy. Years ago, I had a colt detective special. That was the most inaccurate gun I have ever had. That is a surprise. Something broke on it, and I sent it to colt. They fixed it, and sent it back with a target with holes in the center, shot at 15 ft. At 20 yards I couldn't even hit the paper. I sold it fast.

Old 03-22-2013, 02:45 PM   #24

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

I've never fired one (LCR), but I've heard from several people that the LCR and S&W Bodyguard are both really good snubbies. As long as my wife can draw her Pink Lady at 5 yards and put all five shots in a handprint sized area, I'm satisfied for her purposes.

Old 03-22-2013, 03:44 PM   #25

Liked 175 Times on 118 Posts
Likes Given: 20

I have a owned a 1980 Charter Arms Undercover since the early 80's, and I find it as accurate as any other snubbie I own to include my S&W model 642 Centennial.

I find that some of the off brand, cheap target ammo has very poor accuracy and this is more evident with the snubbie's.

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
— Abraham Lincoln

Old 03-22-2013, 04:05 PM   #26

Liked 13 Times on 8 Posts

My husband bought me the charter arms .38 pink revolver, and I used it for my CPL class, I was hitting the target inline with everyone else, but I am more accurate using single action. It's harder to do double action and I lose my target, but I was still within the 8x11 sheet of paper even using the double. But if she doesn't feel comfortable with the gun and aiming then I wouldn't bet my life on it.

Old 03-22-2013, 09:54 PM   #27

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkat89
My husband bought me the charter arms .38 pink revolver, and I used it for my CPL class, I was hitting the target inline with everyone else, but I am more accurate using single action. It's harder to do double action and I lose my target, but I was still within the 8x11 sheet of paper even using the double. But if she doesn't feel comfortable with the gun and aiming then I wouldn't bet my life on it.
I gave my wife a Charter Arms Pink Lady a few months ago and she likes it a lot. She also prefers single action for target shooting but has become pretty accurate with double action. I shot it a few times but I couldn't shoot it as well as her. I think it's a pretty good little gun, now if I could only get her to clean it herself !!!
Ruger LCR 357 Mag.
S&W 686 Stainless 357 Mag.
Dan Wesson 357 mag
Seacamp 32
Browning Buckmark Plus 22
High Standard Duramatic 101
Baretta 950 c 22 short

Old 03-22-2013, 11:31 PM   #28

Liked 13 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrit56880

I gave my wife a Charter Arms Pink Lady a few months ago and she likes it a lot. She also prefers single action for target shooting but has become pretty accurate with double action. I shot it a few times but I couldn't shoot it as well as her. I think it's a pretty good little gun, now if I could only get her to clean it herself !!!
The reason why I wanted a revolver, easy to clean nothing to it. Show her, us girls always love to learn new things our men love! Btw nice profile pic! Michigander as well!

Old 03-23-2013, 01:10 AM   #29

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkat89

The reason why I wanted a revolver, easy to clean nothing to it. Show her, us girls always love to learn new things our men love! Btw nice profile pic! Michigander as well!
I tried to show her how to clean her gun but she had no interest other than she liked the smell of Hoppes 9 solvent... Thanks for the comment about the profile pic.. Michigan is a great State... Good gun laws.
Ruger LCR 357 Mag.
S&W 686 Stainless 357 Mag.
Dan Wesson 357 mag
Seacamp 32
Browning Buckmark Plus 22
High Standard Duramatic 101
Baretta 950 c 22 short

Old 03-25-2013, 08:06 AM   #30

Liked 110 Times on 91 Posts
Likes Given: 219

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfinch2377 View Post
As I promised, I'll do another brief update. We both shot the Pink Lady for my wife's CCW course in December and shot it again this weekend. The trigger pull has really loosened up and that has really improved the accuracy. After the initial issues, we are both pretty satisfied right now.
Glad to hear eberything hadms worked out. I guess there was a bit of a break-in period, i skipped that and bought used.