Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Revolver Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f16/)
-   -   Charter Arms Pink Lady (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f16/charter-arms-pink-lady-72049/)

jfinch2377 09-08-2012 04:53 AM

Charter Arms Pink Lady

Purchased this for my wife a few weeks ago and have put around 500 rounds through it by now. The accuracy of this .38 special revolver is just plain AWFUL. I am much more accurate with my NAA .22mag mini revolver, and my Kel-Tec PF9 seems like a competition gun compared to this! There is a video on YouTube of a lady not being able to hit a sheet of paper at 4 yards, and I can second those accuracy issues. The wife loves the gun(it's pink), but I can not justify keeping something for concealed carry that is this inaccurate. Anyone have ANY possible suggestions before I put it up for sale? I shot a S&W 642 a week ago and it was a million times more accurate!

hardluk1 09-10-2012 05:34 PM

I know the trigger pull is reather high and putting a wolff RP hammer spring in it to see if that helps with trigger control also it should shoot better single action. I have CA ultra light with the wolf spring and its made for a great trigger pull change and it shoots just fine. I use some soft lead loads at 950fps in mine, a, my daughters charter. She claimed it as hers. I tend to not like to do that for CC but it does make a difference and still a firm pull.

JTJ 09-10-2012 05:47 PM

Call Charter Arms.

Gh0zt36 09-10-2012 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTJ (Post 935548)
Call Charter Arms.

Yea their customer service is top notch and not only will they pay for shipping < I've even heard both ways > but they put repairs on the main production line right next to new production so turn around is about 5 days instead of gawd knows how long when handles by a small over worked back logged repair crew.

I love my charter pitbull .40S&W great little piece . Just wish they made a speed loader for it .

ineverFTF 09-10-2012 08:45 PM

Call charter, maybe got got a bad gun

Imo i would have gotten a ruger lcr in the first place. I prefer revolvers for reliability, and when it comes to reliability it dosn't get better than Ruger.

partdeux 09-11-2012 12:28 AM

Report back if you get satisfaction, SWMBO wants one for her BD

JonM 09-11-2012 01:55 AM

i too like pink guns but number one criteria is the gun has to be a good one first. functionality is first and foremost then looks. if you just gotta have a revolver the ruger lcr in 357mag is hard to beat. ive fired them and they are decent enough for a snubby. you dont have to shoot 357mags in it but its good to have that capability.

you can always send any gun off for a pink duracoating.

here is my ruger 10/22 in pink. i had the normally black reciever duracoated pink to match

http://imageshack.us/a/img816/4718/1022b.jpg

jfinch2377 09-13-2012 04:14 AM

Wow! The accuracy issue takes a backseat to the cylinder no longer working when I push the release! $17 to ship back to Charter Arms for repair. I will be selling this piece of junk for a S&W 642 as soon as I get it back from the factory. First and last Charter Arms purchase. The wife will just have to deal with pink grips on the 642!

hardluk1 09-14-2012 08:25 PM

Well I hope you don't also buy a turd from s&w as they are also are putting more than afew out today. What would you do if you bought a 1200dollar S&W custom and had issues right out of the box?? Whine and moan and dump it too ?? Give them a chance first and then let you & wife deside. I have bought several handguns from guys that ether did not clean them, lube as needed and with a revolver ,Pull the side plate and clean and lube there too. Also then tell charter you want a shipping label for that brand new revolver to ship it with.

Unimproved 09-25-2012 02:06 PM

Send it back and get it fixed before you sell your problem to someone else! It's too late to ask why you didn't research your gun before you bought it.

The price of a new gun can be indicative of the quality, not always true but worthy of extra scrutiny. I guess before ripping a company on a public forum you should have given them a chance to fix it, but that's just my opinion.

Anyway I hope you get what your looking for when all is said and done.