Charter Arms .357
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Charter Arms .357

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2012, 04:38 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Charter Arms .357

Im really considering picking up one of these. I like the Mag Pug in .357. It's not the prettiest thing in the world but ill
throw some pretty grips on there and she'll look great! Just wanted feedback on Charter Arms. I know its not Smith quality, but I wouldnt go as far as saying its as bad as Taurus quality. Anyone have any experience with them?

forumrunner_20120518_213711.jpg

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-20-2012, 01:00 AM   #2

Liked 12 Times on 8 Posts

My niece just got a 38+p South Paw,the mirror image of the one pictured and she wouldn't put it down long enough to let me try to smooth up the trigger and now we don't have to,it smoothed and lightened itself after about 300 rounds.She owns a pre-lock 357 Lady Smith but this Charter has become her full time carry gun.

Charter went through bumps in their quality in the 90's when they changed owners but the new management group has been back on track for the last decade.(don't hear much negative about them)
As an aside I believe Charter is owned and distributed by MKS,the same people that produce Highpoint so you get the same unconditional warranty and service.Probably the best in the industry and when you call you talk to human beings and they speak gun-speak and solve problems.)
Whats not to like?..and buy the way you don't have to worry about finding the key to start it like some of its high priced peers.

Old 05-20-2012, 02:33 AM   #3

Thank you for your info. I like to think the quality would be better than a Hi Point as I am not a fan of their products. But yes I have heard that they changed hands a couple of times, but everyone seems to like them.

Old 05-20-2012, 03:51 AM   #4
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1990 Times on 1078 Posts
Likes Given: 593

I have not heard anything about a High Point tie in. I have spoken to the owner and he is a decent guy. He has been donating a Pink Lady to our annual FNRA dinner for the last 3 years. Most gun company owners wont talk to you. I know of a number of locals that own them and they are happy. They have a lifetime warranty.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 05-20-2012, 04:06 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ
I have not heard anything about a High Point tie in. I have spoken to the owner and he is a decent guy. He has been donating a Pink Lady to our annual FNRA dinner for the last 3 years. Most gun company owners wont talk to you. I know of a number of locals that own them and they are happy. They have a lifetime warranty.
That's good to hear, sir. I'm glad they take time with their customers.

Old 05-20-2012, 09:58 PM   #6

Liked 12 Times on 8 Posts

Sorry if I'm mistaken' recalled reading or hearing that MKS was partnered with Charter at least for distribution.

Still haven't heard many negatives.