Bought a new 4" Nickel S&W M29 today for a steal of a deal - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns >

Bought a new 4" Nickel S&W M29 today for a steal of a deal

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2010, 08:27 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

With all due respect diggs, go to the S&W website and type in Model 29 in THEIR own search window. THE VERY FIRST gun that pops up, is the EXACT model I just bought. It is still and always will be, a "Model 29". Period. You and "spit for brains" can call it what you will. But I, as well as S&W, who actually manufacture the pistol, call it what it is. A Model 29. Internal lock or not. The scroll mark on the gun is "Model 29". Their is NO asterisk, or anyother proclamation about it being anything but, a Model 29. WTF do you guys not understand about this? Call S&W Monday morning and complain all you want that THEY have mislabled THEIR own gun.

Old 07-11-2010, 08:32 AM   #22

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint Rock View Post
Glock2740, looks like a good deal on a fine gun. The cheapest used one I saw on Gunbroker.com has a starting bid of $750, but most were in the $1,000 range. Enjoy your new "baby".
Georgia Arms - .44 REM MAG
Try this outfit for some ammo for the .44 The .44 has an expensive diet if you shoot factory ammo.
Thanks Flint. I will definately buy some ammo from GA. They have some some great buys on their bulk ammo.

Old 07-11-2010, 09:21 AM   #23
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3531 Times on 2026 Posts
Likes Given: 1558

I thought I read somewhere that S&W was bringing back the Mod 29 in their Classic line. They brought back other "classics", too.
Enjoy your new toy.

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 07-11-2010, 10:18 AM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 85 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by glock2740 View Post
Model 29 Classic .44 Magnum 4 Inch Barrel Nickel Finish 6 Round
Here's the add. Why don't you call them and ask them if they actually know if they aren't trying to sell a stainless 629, and they must think that it's a nickle 29? Notice that the picture is of the blued model, but the ACU#150255, means that it has a nickel finish. Do you really think that I'm stupid enough to buy a gun and not know what it is? If you are not aware of the Model 29 being made, then you might want to do a little homework. Your post has to be the stupidest and most out of line post I've seen on ANY board in a long time, if not ever. What a clown.
Quote:
Product: Model 29 - S&W Classics - 4" - Nickel

Someone better call S&W and tell them to take this off their website, as this was copied from it just 2 minutes ago. They need to be contacted and told that they don't even realize that they don't even know what they are showing. They must think that this is actually a stainless 629.
Quote:
Smith & Wesson Model 29 Classic Revolver 150255, 44 Rem Mag, 4 in, Checkered Walnut Grip, Nickel Fin

Wow! Here's another poor dummy that thinks that they're selling a nickle model 29, when in all actuality, it's really a stainless 629. Man, this is an epedimic.
Quote:
I hear you loud and clear, but I'm not gonna take some trash talk laying down. I responded to what was given. And as for the other guy that jumped in and called me an *******, I responded as needed. I clearly stated my point. I posted the straight up facts. And to be called names for doing so,...well, that doesn't sit well with me, and I will respond as need be.
Quote:
With all due respect diggs, go to the S&W website and type in Model 29 in THEIR own search window. THE VERY FIRST gun that pops up, is the EXACT model I just bought. It is still and always will be, a "Model 29". Period. You and "spit for brains" can call it what you will. But I, as well as S&W, who actually manufacture the pistol, call it what it is. A Model 29. Internal lock or not. The scroll mark on the gun is "Model 29". Their is NO asterisk, or anyother proclamation about it being anything but, a Model 29. WTF do you guys not understand about this? Call S&W Monday morning and complain all you want that THEY have mislabled THEIR own gun.

You seriously need to calm down. You were right, I was wrong...happy? I was not talking trash or calling you stupid. If you're this touchy over the internet I'd hate to meet you in person.
I did go to S&W's website but I scrolled thru their products rather then doing a search and didn't see a 29. I knew the 629 classics were available but hadn't seen the 29. In my mind the classic series does not hold a candle to the originals but that's me and that's my opinion.

Glad you got a new toy, go have fun with it. I know I have fun with mine.

S&W 19-4
24436910028_large.jpg

629-2
dsc_0327.jpg

the original box too.
dsc_0325.jpg

Are you happy the guy that was talking trash finally chimed in? Is your life more complete? Do you at least feel better that you proved someone wrong on the internet?

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Last edited by spittinfire; 07-11-2010 at 12:00 PM.

Old 07-11-2010, 03:30 PM   #25

Liked 40 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
To me your still a A**hole and thin skinned dip sh*t . I re-read the whole thread and you major overreacted and jumped on the band wagon and started being a sarcastic a**wipe with no cause for your reaction. Someone questioned a model you bought and thought you may have been sold something that was not what you expected and you go and act like a damn democrat and start getting majorly defensive and insulting. I don't know you but from your reactions... I really don't want to.

Old 07-11-2010, 04:24 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1176 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Geez Scubie. You must be really pissed to call someone a Democrat.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 07-11-2010, 05:35 PM   #27

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Yes, I agree it is a Model 29. . . from their CLASSIC series. WTF do you not understand about this?

Many of us have owned, shot, researched, coveted and studied Smith and Wesson revolvers for many years. That is how some of us know you will never find an original production model 29 for under a grand. (even then it is doubtful)

You should just understand that anything from their Classic series will never be a collector's item in our lifetime. But since you're not a collector. . . WHO CARES?

You still have a great gun, congrats, relax and stop embarrassing yourself.

Old 07-11-2010, 05:51 PM   #28

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Wow, this thread went south fast since I last posted.

The only 357 magnum to me is the Ruger Security Six!!

Old 07-11-2010, 07:17 PM   #29

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzscubie View Post
To me your still a A**hole and thin skinned dip sh*t . I re-read the whole thread and you major overreacted and jumped on the band wagon and started being a sarcastic a**wipe with no cause for your reaction. Someone questioned a model you bought and thought you may have been sold something that was not what you expected and you go and act like a damn democrat and start getting majorly defensive and insulting. I don't know you but from your reactions... I really don't want to.
**** off. I take more offense about the democrat remark than the other names you called me.

Old 07-11-2010, 07:19 PM   #30

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Alrighty, kids. I'm going to start reading this thread and see what needs to be done.