Blew Up my GP100 - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns >

Blew Up my GP100

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2013, 12:24 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 63 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 93

I spoke with Patriot Ammunition again today. They are stepping up to the plate and sending me a check for what I paid for the gun. I have to send them the gun (they are paying shipping) for their insurance. I am so glad I had the RSO sign a note testifying that the only ammo at my lane was Patriot (which was the truth). That evidently was the clincher in getting them to respond so quickly.

I wont be shooting reloads anymore though. I just hate to see my beautiful gun blown apart and hate to think about what could have happened to me or the guy in the next lane.

Old 09-05-2013, 12:56 AM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 990 Times on 653 Posts
Likes Given: 1274

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick3411 View Post
Bought some reloads and shot them yesterday. One must have been double charged. Top flew off, nearly hitting the guy next to me. Gun is a disaster. Glad no one was hurt, but this Wiley Clapp model was just gorgeous and shot great.

[IMG]

Bad Reloads

[/IMG]

[IMG]

Bad Reloads

[/IMG]
Wow, they are rock solid pistols...... Dam shame that happened.

Not hating here Just a word to others ..

"You should never shoot someone else's home reloads in your guns..." Only handloads that you have properly worked up, and know are within safety parameters of your firearms load data

Become steel or get cut.

Last edited by Steel_Talon; 09-05-2013 at 01:00 AM.

Old 09-05-2013, 12:58 AM   #33
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3734 Times on 2287 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick3411
I spoke with Patriot Ammunition again today. They are stepping up to the plate and sending me a check for what I paid for the gun. I have to send them the gun (they are paying shipping) for their insurance. I am so glad I had the RSO sign a note testifying that the only ammo at my lane was Patriot (which was the truth). That evidently was the clincher in getting them to respond so quickly.

I wont be shooting reloads anymore though. I just hate to see my beautiful gun blown apart and hate to think about what could have happened to me or the guy in the next lane.
If they're your own reloads, I wouldn't worry about it as long as you do your due diligence.

Also, just be careful with Patriot. They seem to be helping you out, but there's absolutely nothing in writing saying theyhave to. I understand them saying what they did about needing your gun. But I'm personally leery about that. See if you can receive their check before you ship them the gun. That's my suggestion.
Old 09-05-2013, 01:01 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel_Talon View Post
Wow, they are rock solid pistols...... Dam shame that happened.

Not hating here Just a word to others ..

"You should never shoot someone else's home reloads in your guns..."
Again, these weren't home reloads - they were commercial reloads from a Company. Still, I won't use reloads from anyone again.

Old 09-05-2013, 02:52 AM   #35

Liked 1173 Times on 605 Posts
Likes Given: 50

Honest to god, I didn't think you could do that to a GP 100.
Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 09-07-2013, 12:12 AM   #36
I used to play keyboards, but now ...
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 4697 Times on 2773 Posts
Likes Given: 3850

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick3411 View Post

Agree with previous posters. Make sure you are not just sending them your evidence. You probably have a good enough paper trail to pursue them if they went hinky on you, but think about what you might need in that case and make sure of it.
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Old 09-07-2013, 01:20 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post
Agree with previous posters. Make sure you are not just sending them your evidence. You probably have a good enough paper trail to pursue them if they went hinky on you, but think about what you might need in that case and make sure of it.
I think I have a strong paper trail, between the detailed photos, written statements from the witnesses and the companys own email replies.

I still cant believe the gun blew up that way and that no one was hurt. To be honest I wish it would have happened to one of the guns I didnt like so much though.

Old 09-07-2013, 01:24 AM   #38
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3734 Times on 2287 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick3411

I think I have a strong paper trail, between the detailed photos, written statements from the witnesses and the companys own email replies.

I still cant believe the gun blew up that way and that no one was hurt. To be honest I wish it would have happened to one of the guns I didnt like so much though.
Good luck man. I hope they don't hose you. Be sure you keep us updated.

Old 09-21-2013, 03:24 AM   #39

Default Got a check for my gun

Patriot Firearms actually sent me the check for my gun that blew up. While I hated to lose the gun, at least they did follow thru and paid me what I asked for.

Old 09-21-2013, 04:10 AM   #40

Liked 359 Times on 214 Posts
Likes Given: 64

Good to hear Patriot Firearms took care of you. Another GP100 in your future or do you have something else in mind?