Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Revolver Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f16/)
-   -   Bisly hammer on a black Hawk (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f16/bisly-hammer-black-hawk-19653/)

ace1911 10-31-2009 01:15 AM

Bisly hammer on a black Hawk

Powers custom makes half cock trigger hammer kits.And on of them is a bisly hamer Vaquro trigger for a new mdl black Hawk.

Try an try but I cant find a pic of what this would look like.I am adding some custom touches to one of my blackHawks.I decided to keep the Ruger grip fraim.And I want the half cock kit. Have any of you used this set up?

Charger Fan 10-31-2009 02:31 AM

I haven't tried that myself, but a whole bunch of the guys on the SINGLE ACTIONS forum have & could give pointers.

ace1911 10-31-2009 04:29 AM

Thanks.I will look into this.:D

crossfire 10-31-2009 11:09 AM

Clements Custom Guns
The revolver on the left has the Bisley setup.

stalkingbear 10-31-2009 06:27 PM

You can also order the Bisley setup from Brownells and do it yourself a lot cheaper.

ace1911 10-31-2009 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crossfire (Post 180612)
Clements Custom Guns
The revolver on the left has the Bisley setup.

Thanks great site.I had a nice talk with his shop. The SA on the left is his Bisly model.............. Thanks again..

ace1911 10-31-2009 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stalkingbear (Post 180742)
You can also order the Bisley setup from Brownells and do it yourself a lot cheaper.

Yes thats where I found the info.And the reason I am trying to find a original grip fraimed BlackHawk with the Bisly hamer,to see if its the way I want to go.......
Thanks for your input..........:D

crossfire 11-02-2009 02:23 AM

I concur with Charger Fan. The guys on Lee Martin Custom Sixguns have a lot of knowledge about this. If you talked to Clements, then you probably already know that a Bisley hammer isn't a "drop-in" part on with a standard Ruger grip frame and requires precise metal removal to fit and work properly. The SuperBlackhawk has a hammer spur location between a Blackhawk and Bisley and is a straight swap for the standard hammer.

ace1911 11-02-2009 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crossfire (Post 181274)
I concur with Charger Fan. The guys on Lee Martin Custom Sixguns have a lot of knowledge about this. If you talked to Clements, then you probably already know that a Bisley hammer isn't a "drop-in" part on with a standard Ruger grip frame and requires precise metal removal to fit and work properly. The SuperBlackhawk has a hammer spur location between a Blackhawk and Bisley and is a straight swap for the standard hammer.

Powers Custom makes a drop in kit that fits the blackhawk.It is here
POWER CUSTOM : RUGER BISLEY HAMMER & VAQUERO TRIGGER - World's Largest Supplier of Firearm Accessories, Gun Parts and Gunsmithing Tools

crossfire 11-02-2009 05:16 PM

I was referring to the stock part...
RUGER | BISLEY - BLACKHAWK VERSION | ITEM#251050 | e-GunParts.com
You can unhook one leg of the spring under the grip to lighten the trigger.