Bad Day ends Well
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Bad Day ends Well

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2010, 02:23 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts

Default Bad Day ends Well

Took the new little plinker (Taurus 94 2" 22lr) to the range to see what it we ould do and to hopefully have a little fun. Wrong. In the last 9 months I had purchased two previous Tauri - a 38sp UL and a 4" 22lr. The 38sp was average but improved with a little smith work on it. The 4" 22 is a dream - smooth as silk and fun to shoot. The new 2" 22lr performed about as bad as bad can be. Hard hammer to cock, refuses to eject the shells sometimes, and worst of all, the cylinder locks and you cannot pull the hammer back. Spent the rest of the time shooting the MK9 and EMP. The Good News is that will strolling and drooling after shooting I saw a Ruger SP101 2" stainless 357 with spurless hammer. Trigger pull just silky. Went to pick up the wife from her bridge group, told her about it (would be a good gun for her finger strength), she said lets go get it. It now has a new home. Guess I will just have to deal with Taurus next week and when things get difficult, go fondle the Ruger.

"Honey, can I buy another gun?" "Why another gun?" "I just figured out that I am two guns short of never enough!"

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-09-2010, 03:22 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

You'll be able to hand that SP101 down to your great grandchildren.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 01-11-2010, 01:13 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Had me laughing at : " when things get difficult, go fondle the Ruger."

I'll change that to "When things get difficult, I go fondle my GLOCK".

I like Taurus (I got a Raging Bull .44Mag), but I gotta say that they all miss the last touch of quality. Enjoy your Ruger,...

****** "Shoot him again - His soul is still dancing" ******

Old 01-11-2010, 01:23 PM   #4

Liked 1423 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Taurus again??

Where are the fan boys with a fix for Hollander?

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 01-12-2010, 02:45 AM   #5

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

You'll enjoy the SP101. Get you some snap caps and practice your trigger pull and speed loading around the house. It'll make your range sessions more valuable.

I dropped my SP101 on my floor a few weeks ago and man you should see the floor!

Old 07-12-2014, 10:42 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 67 Times on 47 Posts

I share your joy! The spurless model isn't that easy to come by and when you find one, the seller usually wants an arm and a leg.

An SP101 was the second pistol I'd ever purchased and I absolutely loved it. Sadly, a day came when I had to sell it and I swore that when better times arrived, I'd get another.

It took a few years but recently I started looking to replace it and learned about the spurless model. From there, I was on a mission. Eventually I came across a deal on Gunbroker.com for a NIB spurless model that was almost too good to be true but thankfully, it was.

Suffice it to say, I'm extremely pleased! This is a classic snub nose revolver with the fit, finish, feel, and performance to rival any other.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Roads less traveled...

Old 07-12-2014, 10:49 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

By the way, if you're interested in dressing up your SP101 grips, Google "Chig's Grips". This fellow knows what he's doing and provides excellent quality inserts with many styles to choose from. I went with the acrylic inserts and received them very quickly. They were perfect!

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Roads less traveled...

Old 07-12-2014, 11:06 PM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5916 Times on 3088 Posts
Likes Given: 415

you realize the last replay before yours was 4 years ago?? right??

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

MisterMcCool Likes This 
Old 07-12-2014, 11:29 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 192 Times on 124 Posts
Likes Given: 104

This dust is making my allergies act up

Old 07-13-2014, 07:57 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Better late than never...