Anyone know where to buy an NAA?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Anyone know where to buy an NAA?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2013, 05:57 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 11 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default Anyone know where to buy an NAA?

Oddly I have a fascination with these tiny guns and am considering picking one up. Unfortunately I have having trouble locating where to buy one. A store about an hour from here says they have them on their site, but for $230, and budsgunshop says they have them for $204 plus free shipping. I am on the fence with buds, I ordered a gun from there which I'm still waiting on at the moment, so does anyone know where else to get one? I am very much considering buying one to toy with, and would be very easy to carry. Thanks for any help!

This is the one I'm looking at currently:
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/21_344/products_id/51200/NAA+Mini-Revolver+22LR+1-18%22

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-02-2013, 06:04 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8703 Times on 3766 Posts
Likes Given: 1338

When comparing prices, please remember- unless you are an 01 or 02 FFL holder, that NAA must be shipped TO a dealer where you live. You will normally pay that dealer a service fee for handling the transfer- so find out what your local dealer charges, and add that number to your comparison. Average seems to be $25-$50, lower some shops, higher others.

Now, having said that, have you looked at guns up for sale at gunbroker, gunauction, and gunsamerica?

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

Old 02-02-2013, 06:11 PM   #3

Right, I understand that and there's a local pawn shop that charges $25, which still makes it worth while to have shipped to considering the shop an hour away wants $229 before tax. As far as the auction sites, no I haven't, at least not yet because I like to be able to have my guns new so I know their exact history, just kind of a weird trait I have.

Old 02-02-2013, 06:12 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 201

Got one from Buds thru gunbroker. took an extra week or so, I'm sure they are as busy as every other retailer is right now. Now if it would get above zero out I'd get out and go shooting!

Old 02-02-2013, 06:26 PM   #5

Liked 252 Times on 156 Posts
Likes Given: 21

I was at a gun show this morning and saw a display of the full line of NAA revolvers. There was one little birdhead .22 Magnum with a spur trigger that looked nice, looked like ebony grips.

The little guns look interesting in an "old fashioned" way. I didn't realize how many different models they made until this morning!

Bob Wright

Old 02-02-2013, 07:49 PM   #6

How many models did they have there? They seem to be pretty scarce from what I can find

Old 02-03-2013, 01:39 AM   #7

Liked 252 Times on 156 Posts
Likes Given: 21

There were probably six or so different models, ranging from the tiny .22 Short with short barrel, to the .22 Magnum models with three inch or so octagon barrels, square butt and round butt models.

Scarce? I had never heard that. Guns And Ammo, my nearest gun shop, usually has about a dozen or so in their case. The only ones I've not seen were the side break models.

As a side note, many years ago a friend of mine won one of the original .22 Short models in some kind of contest. He took it out on a hunt one day and we tried it out. I held the little gun with my thumb high in my normal revolver grip. The flash from the barrel/cylinder gap burned my thumb when fired. We determined the best way to shoot these was to hold the grips between thumb and forefinger of one hand and press the trigger with the forfinger of the other hand.

Bob Wright

Last edited by Bob Wright; 02-03-2013 at 01:54 AM.

Old 02-03-2013, 03:17 AM   #8

The only reason why I thought they might be starting to run scarce is from searching online I can barely find anything besides the one at buds, unless someone else knows of a place. Still, I don't think buds price isn't too bad, I just like to be able to compare around first.

That's interesting that it burned your thumb, I wonder if the late models can still do that.

Last edited by rangerXLT91_05; 02-03-2013 at 03:48 AM. Reason: typo

Old 02-03-2013, 03:41 AM   #9

Liked 34 Times on 27 Posts

My LGS has several. Just happen to notice it because an older gentleman was buying one for his wife. A young punk walks by me and mumbles "that ain't nothing but a BB gun." I asked him if he's willing to take a shot by a 22Mag. He just huffed and kept walking.

Old 02-03-2013, 06:08 AM   #10

I suppose I'll call around and see what prices are at around here just to check, kinda curious now to see if they will offer a reasonable price

Guns owned: Phoenix Arms HP22A, Ruger P95, Hi Point 4095ts, Winchester SXP field, Ruger Blackhawk 45LC, Bushmaster Carbon 15, NAA Mini 22lr, Tisas Zig M 1911

Newest Threads