Any One Else Have:

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Any One Else Have:

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2012, 08:42 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Any One Else Have:

A .357 Taurus Poly Protector? Just picked one up with less than a box thru it. Needed a smaller, low cost, firearm to carry on ATV. Not wanting anything to special that will just get beat up with rough carry. But with all the negative Taurus stories at there, just wanting to know if anyone has one of these and how you are getting along with it. Would like it to work in a situation if needed.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-25-2012, 10:53 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

I'm sorry to say that I disagree with your logic. I'm assuming you feel that you may have a need for an armed response to something, and knowing it will get some rough treatment, I would have gone for a higher quality weapon. Maybe something in stainless steel to protect it from the elements?

The good news is that Taurus has a tendency to throw their best people and raw stock at a new product line, much like they did with the Judge. If that is the case here you may have one of the best Taurus handguns made at this particular time. Let us know your experience with it.

Old 09-25-2012, 02:21 PM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Doc - You make a vaild point. I probably already had the gun I should carry in my safe. I have a nice, but well used blued Colt Trooper .357, that could be cleaned and oiled after the ride.
Have a real hard time abusing a quality firearm.
I already have the Taruas Poly, I guess I might well test it and see how it holds up.
Still looking for info out there if anyone has any experience with the Poly Protector line. Thanks

Old 09-25-2012, 11:09 PM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Use a flap holster when riding to give the gun the best protection from trail gunk. When you get the chance shoot the gun and get to know it, learn if you can trust it before you need to. No sense to needlessly beat up a fine old Colt.....