Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Revolver Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f16/)
-   -   Any info. on the Ruger LCR-22? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f16/any-info-ruger-lcr-22-a-54074/)

40calcliffy 12-24-2011 03:36 PM

Any info. on the Ruger LCR-22?

Just got an e-mail from Ruger on their LCR-22. Can I get any opinions ( good and bad ) ? May want to buy one as a carry weapon.

hiwall 12-24-2011 10:06 PM

I think it would be a good one to have.

ScottA 12-25-2011 04:08 AM

Moved this over to the Revolvers section.

WCS55 12-25-2011 04:49 PM

I've shot the LCR in 38 - what a great gun and a smooth DA trigger. I'm not going to start the .22 knock down power discussion in this thread lol .... But as a camping gun, plinker, beginner's gun, or a comprised ccw I can see the LCR22 as an option.

Watch gun blast's YouTube video on the LCR-22 he discussed the pros and cons and shoots the 8 shot 22.

To me it's a (nutnphancy) 2nd kind of cool gun and it's on my wishlist.

How awesome would it be if Ruger made some way to interchange 8 shot 22 and 5 shot 38/357 cylinders? A revolver 22 conversion :) I would buy that gun in a heartbeat!!!

40calcliffy 12-26-2011 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WCS55
I've shot the LCR in 38 - what a great gun and a smooth DA trigger. I'm not going to start the .22 knock down power discussion in this thread lol .... But as a camping gun, plinker, beginner's gun, or a comprised ccw I can see the LCR22 as an option.

Watch gun blast's YouTube video on the LCR-22 he discussed the pros and cons and shoots the 8 shot 22.

To me it's a (nutnphancy) 2nd kind of cool gun and it's on my wishlist.

How awesome would it be if Ruger made some way to interchange 8 shot 22 and 5 shot 38/357 cylinders? A revolver 22 conversion :) I would buy that gun in a heartbeat!!!

That would be sweet. Two guns for the price of one. Only issue would be buying ammo.

ninjatoth 12-26-2011 10:17 PM

It's 14.9oz vs the .38's 13.5oz so i'm guessing it meant to be nothing more or less than a simulation for the .38 version with 1.4oz remaining weight to offset the lighter loaded weight of .22LR ammunition.I myself have looked at something like this for plinking,like the S&W .22 snub,but that's even lighter at 10oz,so for me not going to carry it,I'll probably go with the Charter Arms Pathfinder .22 snub because it's got a bigger grip and weighs about 20oz,much better for a plinkster like me but if you are serious about carrying concealed a .22 and no one can change your mind than the LCR is a better option for you.

40calcliffy 12-27-2011 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninjatoth
It's 14.9oz vs the .38's 13.5oz so i'm guessing it meant to be nothing more or less than a simulation for the .38 version with 1.4oz remaining weight to offset the lighter loaded weight of .22LR ammunition.I myself have looked at something like this for plinking,like the S&W .22 snub,but that's even lighter at 10oz,so for me not going to carry it,I'll probably go with the Charter Arms Pathfinder .22 snub because it's got a bigger grip and weighs about 20oz,much better for a plinkster like me but if you are serious about carrying concealed a .22 and no one can change your mind than the LCR is a better option for you.

Thanks. I am going to wait for a few months before I commit.

kalel01a 12-31-2011 06:52 AM

Hey all, I decided to get one of these little revolvers because my Taurus 94 UL has a terrible trigger pull (too hard for anyone but me in my family to shoot) and my Firestorm .22 only likes expensive CCI ammo.

I went to the store today, both guns in hand to trade, and they had one of the Ruger LCR 22s right there. I was excited, to say the least, but that didn't last long. I was hoping the trigger pull on the Ruger would be the same as on their 38s... Unfortunately, the curse of DA .22s has hit the Ruger as well. The pull on the 94 is just slightly worse than that of the Ruger. To me it didn't justify the $450 or the loss of 2 good guns. So, I walked out with what I had.

On a positive note, I went to the range and remembered why I bought both guns to start with! The 94 is a blast to shoot (and shoots all ammo flawlessly), and the Firestorm looks enough like the Walher PPK to make me want to wear a tux while shooting it. Also, one of the old timers at the gun store recommended CCI Blazers for the Firestorm. Evidently CCI Blazers are identical to Mini Mags (minus the nickel platted brass and the copper coated candies) at less than half he cost. I pulled off 50 rounds without a hickup! So, instead of spending money on a new gun, it is time to get the right ammo instead!

Oh well, I went to buy a new gun and got a lesson instead. Not a bad night if you ask me!

Win73 01-04-2012 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WCS55 (Post 659587)

Making the interchangable cylinders probably wouldn't be too much of a challenge. But what kind (if any) of accuracy are you going to get with that .22 diameter bullet rattling down that .357 barrel?!