Any experience with Rossi or EAA .357's?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Any experience with Rossi or EAA .357's?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2014, 03:12 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 492 Times on 260 Posts
Likes Given: 108

Default Any experience with Rossi or EAA .357's?

Just curious. Interested in maybe getting into the revolver game but a lot of them are higher priced than a semiauto. Little short on cash but not too far off from maybe getting another 9mm. Still, keep thinking of adding a revolver to the collection and would like a .357 for the ammo flexibility.

I can generally find Rossi's and EAA's fairly cheap, but worried if these are junk guns.

"For every problem there is always a solution that is simple, obvious, and wrong." - Mark Twain

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-13-2014, 03:38 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 323 Times on 190 Posts
Likes Given: 63

From what I've seen the EAA Windicator is a good solid budget revolver. I'd personally stay away from the Rossi line. Charter Arms is a good option in the .357 Mag Pug for a small J frame gun. I have one and really like it.

For a range gun you'll want a 4" model. I prefer the GP100 but that doesn't fit in a budget gun scenario.

Old 07-13-2014, 03:38 AM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5510 Times on 2877 Posts
Likes Given: 358

they are hit or miss same qc level as taurus.

i would suggest looking at a used ruger. you can get a really nice ruger for the price of a new rossi or eaa. most are low round count guns

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 07-13-2014, 03:38 PM   #4

Liked 20 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
they are hit or miss same qc level as taurus.

i would suggest looking at a used ruger. you can get a really nice ruger for the price of a new rossi or eaa. most are low round count guns
+1 on that, look for a used ruger. you can find the six series at times for around $300 if you look around. i found one for $150 recently but i got lucky and found a guy that needed turkey hunting supplies at start of season but you may find that luck too. used sp101 might be in that range too most gp100 are at least $400 used. good luck i love my 357 ruger service six. the six series are built tough and not as large as the gp series.

Old 08-07-2014, 03:34 AM   #5

I've owned Rossi revolvers before, own a R92 lever rifle, and am soon to be the owner of a stainless .357 snubbie, the 462. Never had any trouble with Rossi, or Taurus, for that matter...had a problem with a PT1911 and Taurus replaced it. No reason to think they would treat their Rossi line any differently. I just like the look of the 462, plus it's a .357 with 6 holes in the cylinder, not 5. Lifetime warranty, great ergonomIcs (for me), feels great in the hand, and a great price. Just my $.02.

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk