Ammo effect on groups
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Ammo effect on groups

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2013, 01:40 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 430 Times on 277 Posts
Likes Given: 1579

Default Ammo effect on groups

Chalk this one up under Lessons learned.

I was zeroing an ,ahem, new GP 100 today and just couldnt seem to get good groups.
It frustrated me and sapped my confidence figured my recent eye surgery which moved my focal point out past the front sight post may have affected my shooting.
(my FSP is slightly blurry now in a darker room, outdoors its still fine, I see well up distance but for close now I need reading glasses)

Was shooting some low end ammo though magtech 38 spc.
Switched to Fiocchi 148gr JSP 357 Mag and the groups tightened right up.

Whew, 'twas the Ammo not me

Primary Rifle:
LWRC M6A2 w/ Eotech512

EVERY DAY MEN WHO WILL FOLLOW ORDERS TO KILL YOU, EXERCISE. DO YOU?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-24-2013, 02:07 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3728 Times on 2285 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluez
Chalk this one up under Lessons learned.

I was zeroing an ,ahem, new GP 100 today and just couldnt seem to get good groups.
It frustrated me and sapped my confidence figured my recent eye surgery which moved my focal point out past the front sight post may have affected my shooting.
(my FSP is slightly blurry now in a darker room, outdoors its still fine, I see well up distance but for close now I need reading glasses)

Was shooting some low end ammo though magtech 38 spc.
Switched to Fiocchi 148gr JSP 357 Mag and the groups tightened right up.

Whew, 'twas the Ammo not me
Yup. Lesson learned. Like how adding .2 grains in my reloads increases the accuracy tremendously.

Congrats on your Ruger purchase! God love a good wheel gun.

Always have clean socks.