9mm snubbie. Does it make any sense? - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns >

9mm snubbie. Does it make any sense?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2009, 02:50 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
I am being practical. Your statement implies that a semi-auto is inherently faster to put the bullets downrange than a revolver. Yes, I referenced very talented professionals; but I did that to point out that it takes an extremely proficient shootist to create any difference in the mechanical speed of a double action revolver vs. a semi-auto and that difference is measured in thousand's of a second.
OK, so getting back to the original question. Does a 9mm snubbie make sense? Still. . . NO. I shoot plenty of revolvers and as much practice as I get I still cannot put 15-19 rounds (typical modern double stack mag. 9mm capacity) downrange as quickly as I can with one mag in a pistol.

You're also forgetting that the "only" factor in this equation is not the shooter. The man in that video you linked to is using a revolver that is heavily modified and finely tuned, also not typical.

Old 11-28-2009, 04:19 PM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggsbakes View Post
OK, so getting back to the original question. Does a 9mm snubbie make sense? Still. . . NO. I shoot plenty of revolvers and as much practice as I get I still cannot put 15-19 rounds (typical modern double stack mag. 9mm capacity) downrange as quickly as I can with one mag in a pistol.

You're also forgetting that the "only" factor in this equation is not the shooter. The man in that video you linked to is using a revolver that is heavily modified and finely tuned, also not typical.

Getting back to the original question? In the original question, the OP made no mention of a semi-auto at all; but merely wanted opinions of the 9mm vs. a .38 Special or .357 Mag in a short barrel revolver based on ease of carry and ballistics, not rate of fire.