500 s&w

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > 500 s&w

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2012, 07:57 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default 500 s&w

What is the best ammo overall for a 500 s&w?? (im trying to go loud also so would 700 grain do also??)

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-24-2012, 09:00 PM   #2

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Big gun syndrome?

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 07-24-2012, 09:14 PM   #3

Yup thats my department

Old 07-24-2012, 09:17 PM   #4

Liked 55 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post
Big gun syndrome?

Thanks for the laugh :-) I spit Diet Coke on my computer but it made me laugh. There is a female instructor at the range I go to who was a Marine and shoots competition. Every time she sees a guy come in with a .500 S&W, .460 Magnum or a .50 Dessert Eagle that they are hitting everything but the target with she will go change her shirt and go out to the range shooting next to them wearing a tee shirt with a cartoon of a guy holding a revolver that is bigger than him with a caption under it saying "Sorry About Your Penis". Most of the time the guys don't even realize it but everyone else at the range laughs.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:33 PM   #5

Liked 15 Times on 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathvalley8250cal View Post
What is the best ammo overall for a 500 s&w?? (im trying to go loud also so would 700 grain do also??)
Depends on what you want to do. If you want to make noise, then a nice 325 to 350 gr. bullet and lots of slow powder to blow through the comp. If you just want to have some nice fun, then a 325 to 375 gr. lead bullet with Trailboss makes a very nice, soft, accurate load. And of course, anything in between.

Old 07-24-2012, 09:41 PM   #6

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeysKelly View Post
Thanks for the laugh :-) I spit Diet Coke on my computer but it made me laugh. There is a female instructor at the range I go to who was a Marine and shoots competition. Every time she sees a guy come in with a .500 S&W, .460 Magnum or a .50 Dessert Eagle that they are hitting everything but the target with she will go change her shirt and go out to the range shooting next to them wearing a tee shirt with a cartoon of a guy holding a revolver that is bigger than him with a caption under it saying "Sorry About Your Penis". Most of the time the guys don't even realize it but everyone else at the range laughs.
I had to like that

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET