45 caliber twins!! - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > 45 caliber twins!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2012, 04:33 AM   #11
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6039 Times on 3165 Posts
Likes Given: 433

i have to use pinky under grip but it feels natural.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Dillinger Likes This 
Old 10-19-2012, 02:17 PM   #12

Liked 334 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Nice Jon! They look just like my .357 NV. The only change I want to make to mine are new stocks. I love the way it shoots, but I think it needs a set of grips that are little nicer than the black rubber/plastic. Check out http://www.eaglegrips.com/ for some ideas if you are interested in some.

''I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."
J.B. Books

Old 10-19-2012, 07:16 PM   #13
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1969 View Post
Nice Jon! They look just like my .357 NV. The only change I want to make to mine are new stocks. I love the way it shoots, but I think it needs a set of grips that are little nicer than the black rubber/plastic. Check out http://www.eaglegrips.com/ for some ideas if you are interested in some.
i kinda like the stock grips it came with. maybe after i shoot it a bit ill have a different opinion heh.

well like with all new guns i just gotta dive right in and start wacking away taking it apart for a thorough cleaning. the manual details how to disassemble the thing and so i dive and JUST like in the cartoons im going step by step. you know the one where wylie coyote orders a hand grenade and it comes with instructions he goes step by step pulls the pin reads the next step to count to 4 and throw...

well im going step by step slide the grip frame off the barrel assembly and *SPROING THUNK NOTHING* a piece hits the cieling and doesnt make a sound when it lands. i look at the manual and the next thing it says is dont let the plunger spring fly free....

lol

so i spend an hour trying to find something i have no idea as to size and shape. and finally discover that one of the parts lying on the cloth im using as a parts catcher is the elusive plunger and spring...

now just gotta get it cleaned oiled and back together

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Dillinger Likes This 
Old 10-19-2012, 07:30 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

^^^LOL!

Nice revolvers JonM!

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 10-19-2012, 08:11 PM   #15

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Man, I was seriously considering one of these until I saw that picture of your hand on the grip. I have never liked that pinky under hold that is common with some revolvers.

Damn it. Back to the drawing board....

Old 10-19-2012, 08:28 PM   #16
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 853 Times on 616 Posts
Likes Given: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger
Man, I was seriously considering one of these until I saw that picture of your hand on the grip. I have never liked that pinky under hold that is common with some revolvers.

Damn it. Back to the drawing board....
Get a Bisley. Hammer spur is lower too!

"...from my cold dead hands" Charlton Heston & NRA
"He which hath no stomach to this fight,/ Let him depart." Henry V

Dillinger Likes This 
Old 10-19-2012, 08:54 PM   #17
FTF_MODERATOR.png

yeah they come in bisly format and you can get other grip frames.

i would suggest going to gander or cabelas and holding a vaquero it doest feel like a normal finger under. it feels natural. you have to hold one to know what i mean.

finally got it back together NOT something that is easy at all. it is entirely possible to assemble these wrong and have them functional to fire but with a free spinning cylinder. took me about 6 attempts to get it right and i got one more to do.

function checks are important with this gun before you shoot. its not like a 1911 where it just wont go together if some thing is in wrong.

Last edited by JonM; 10-19-2012 at 08:58 PM.
Dillinger Likes This 
Old 10-20-2012, 03:02 AM   #18
FTF_MODERATOR.png

the wife and i went to the union grove gunshow this afternoon i picked up some 45 colt brass and some bullets along with a handful of 50AE brass for her desert eagle. she also got a hot purple tiger strip rifle case...

we then went to dinner and stopped by the indoor range in racine to get some primers and we decided to try one of the vaqueros out. i had only brought the 45acp cylinder so we bought a box of ammo and shot it a bit. she fired three cylinders fumbling a bit as has never fired a revolver but she liked it and wanted to train more. ill load up some minimum charge rounds for her.

i found it to be very accurate and super fast just fanning the trigger and still staying on target. first 6 went into a group the size of my fist at 15 yards. i can easily tighten this up with more practice.

i was able to shoot it faster than my xdm and 1911's and hit the target where i wanted.

i didnt have my camera as i wasnt expecting to get range time after dinner as the range was the wife's idea. im extremely pleased with the initial shoot.

Old 10-20-2012, 03:31 AM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1726 Times on 897 Posts
Likes Given: 3651

Here is a cowboy gun with the larger 1860 grip.
http://www.emf-company.com/store/pc/Alchimista-c67.htm

Old 10-20-2012, 03:43 AM   #20
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 212 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Consecutive serial numbers as well, nice. Quite an addition to any collection. I'd love to see some targets from your first range trip.

Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56