Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > 45 caliber twins!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2012, 02:36 AM   #1
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5109 Times on 2658 Posts
Likes Given: 310

Default 45 caliber twins!!

I hate the 48 hour wait. got the call two days ago that my vaquero's arrived. today around 5 i picked them up. im very very happy with them. very natural pointing guns even more so than my colt python. i like the feel of these much better than my old blachawk which is long gone.

best of all consecutive serial numbers!!

these are the davidson exclusive guns. the only new vaqueros that are stainless, 4.6" barrel, and in both 45 colt and 45 acp.

for the cost of the guns a set of carbid 45colt dies (my old dies went with the blackhawk) and the cost of a xl650 conversion kit it comes in at the same price as ONE colt SAA.

a colt SAA in 45 colt is in my future someday but i want some guns i can shoot the snot out of and not worry about breakage.

im not going to consider any changes to the innards until ive got a lot of rounds through it. im not that familiar with revolvers yet so im not sure what i want to do to them if anything.

best part they are 45 caliber!! anyway those are my new babies and they are twins!!

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-19-2012, 02:38 AM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

.45 ACP? Moon clips? Or are the cylinders modified with an all inclusive moon clip somehow?

Beautiful guns. Might I suggest a double, leather, drop leg rig prepared by our newest Vendor in Longballer71??

Very jealous. Very nice purchase.

JD

Old 10-19-2012, 02:43 AM   #3

Liked 2366 Times on 1477 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Beautiful. Jealous jealous jealous. Hope they shoot great.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Dillinger Likes This 
Old 10-19-2012, 02:56 AM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
.45 ACP? Moon clips? Or are the cylinders modified with an all inclusive moon clip somehow?

Beautiful guns. Might I suggest a double, leather, drop leg rig prepared by our newest Vendor in Longballer71??

Very jealous. Very nice purchase.

JD
no clips. the 45acp cylinders headspace off the case mouth just like any 1911 does so there is no need for clips at all.

you can see how they are reamed if you look close at the acp cylinder. hard to get a good pic of it

the folks at ruger are genius when it comes to improving things. the 45acp cylinders work the same way in loading unloading as the 45 colt cylinders.

the wife thinks they are cute as hell and wants to shoot them.

as for holsters im not sure what i want yet. i may try making my own.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Last edited by JonM; 10-19-2012 at 03:01 AM.
Dillinger Likes This 
Old 10-19-2012, 02:59 AM   #5

Damn. That is cool! *drools*

Those are Ruger's off the shelf, anyone can order models?

Because I have been needing a revolver in my collection and I do LOVE the .45 ACP as it's so prominent in my collection. *rubbing chin*

JD

Old 10-19-2012, 03:04 AM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

these aparticular ones are davidson distributer specials. ruger just got done making a bunch of em and shipped em to davidson distributers last week. this pair is fresh off the presses. most ffl dealers should have a line to a davidson's distro warehouse outfit. they are like the talo editions of various firearms.

http://www.galleryofguns.com/genie/default.aspx?item=5144

http://ruger.com/products/vaqueroDE/models.html

i payed way less than the msrp

Dillinger Likes This 
Old 10-19-2012, 03:11 AM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

one other thing. ive never liked revolvers mainly because ive never come across any that feel good. this new vaquero feels like it was made just for my hand. they are such natural pointing guns its no wonder everyone wanted the colt peacemakers way back in the cowboy days. its just as natural if not more so than 1911's for pointing.

Dillinger Likes This 
Old 10-19-2012, 03:13 AM   #8

Thanks Jon - I am looking at the links now and weighing the options.

Did you know someone? Or go through a different source to get the great pricing?

I see a project gun of epic proportions in my early 2013 future.

Well, you know, assuming that whole Mayan thing is not proven true on the 12.21.2012.

Old 10-19-2012, 03:14 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
its just as natural if not more so than 1911's for pointing.
W000000T???

This demands confirmation......

Old 10-19-2012, 03:27 AM   #10
FTF_MODERATOR.png

yeah i go through my lgs over in burlington wi. reineman's true value. ive got a good relationship with them. i buy about 99% of my guns through them. its rare they cant get what i want at a fair price. they were right at 600 each 4$ cheaper than buds and consecutive numbers no xfr fee just our tax and bg check. i could dodge the tax but the few $ extra i wont begrudge my lgs for he awesome CS i get.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/21_49_118/products_id/411549087/Ruger+VAQ+45C45AP+4.62BSS

well browning got the idea for the grip from somewhere and he did a lot of work for colt

Dillinger Likes This