Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Revolver Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f16/)
-   -   44 tracker any thoughts (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f16/44-tracker-any-thoughts-75679/)

Tlocz916 11-05-2012 05:30 AM

44 tracker any thoughts

Thinking,bout picking up a 44 tracker soon any thoughts,bout the quality of the gun

Marlinman 11-05-2012 05:56 AM

Good gun. Axze55 has one and he loves his.

HOSSFLY 11-05-2012 11:49 AM

Had the 22 & loved it :cool:

JTJ 11-05-2012 01:45 PM

Taurus quality is a crap shoot but the 4" 44 Tracker is the only Taurus I would consider buying and I would buy it locally because if something goes wrong I want the dealer to ship it. Taurus has a good warranty but it costs too much to ship a handgun on your own. The dealer can ship USPS but you have to ship FedEx overnight at about $70. If they replace the gun, it has to be run through the dealer anyway. Taurus communication sucks.

LastRound 11-06-2012 04:28 AM

My Taurus 44 Tracker went back to the factory under their so called warranty and they did not fix it. I ordered the parts, fixed it myself, and then sold it. I will never buy another Taurus.

nitestalker 11-06-2012 06:09 AM

I don't know about the Tracker. I own .44 Mag. Rugers and S&Ws these have all been very fine handguns. I do know the Rugers and S&Ws hold their values better than the imports.:)

HOSSFLY 11-06-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitestalker (Post 1003645)
Quote:

I don't know about the Tracker.
I own .44 Mag. Rugers and S&Ws these have all been very fine handguns. I do know the Rugers and S&Ws hold their values better than the imports.:)

Then why post :confused:

Old_Crow 11-06-2012 12:10 PM

I can tell you this much, people that own Ruger and S&W 44 mag handguns shoot them all the time. I have seen plenty of trackers carried in this area but I have never seen anyone whip one out and shoot the damned thing. Even when other shooters were doing all they can to pop a bunch of golf balls. I don't know if a tracker won't hit a golf ball or they are scared the damn thing will break. I don't know about you all but when someone throws a golf ball down and says have at it boys I am going to shoot at least six times unless the golf ball is destroyed first.

No a Tracker is not as valuable second hand as a Ruger or S&W. How well a gun holds it's value is a big factor in my buying decision.

HOSSFLY 11-06-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old_Crow (Post 1003759)
I can tell you this much, people that own Ruger and S&W 44 mag handguns shoot them all the time. I seen plenty of trackers carried in this area but I have never seen anyone whip one out and shoot the damned thing. Even when other shooters were doing all they can to pop a bunch of golf balls. I don't know if a tracker won't hit a golf ball or they are scared the damn thing will break.

No a Tracker is not as valuable second hand as a Ruger or S&W. How well a gun holds it's value is a big factor in my buying decision.

So you don't know anything about the Tracker :rolleyes:

lbwar15 11-06-2012 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOSSFLY

So you don't know anything about the Tracker :rolleyes:

Lol. No better way to put it.