Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > 44. Mag

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2012, 07:59 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

first...I'd start out with either a Ruger super-blackhawk (either 5 1/2 barrel or 7"), a Redhawk in 5 1/2" barrel (love mine!) or possibly the super-redhawk. The Super Red-hawk has a composite grip that is very comfortable to shoot with. The great thing about the Ruger's are that first the things are built like a bank vault! Second they tend to be very reasonably priced. My first pistol was the Super blackhawk with a 71/2" barrel....shot it a ton, finally rebarreled it in 5 1/2" (much handier). its still my favorite.

Second...reload...reload....reload...store bought ammunition is very expensive! Midway USA is YOUR friend! they have everything for re-loaders at a decent price...other companies may have better prices with certain things...Midway is probably the most consistent. Reloading will allow you to shoot a lot at a lower price. one of the best all around loads I use is 10gr of Unique powder (shotgunners also use this powder) with a 240gr cast semi-wad cutter which you can buy in bulk for pretty reasonable prices.

Good Luck and God bless you with your choices!

"A Nation of Sheep will beget a Government of Wolves."
Edward R. Murrow

Old 04-13-2012, 12:04 PM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 343 Times on 229 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleLiberty24 View Post
Am 14 years old and weight 80-90 pounds and I want to shoot a 44. Mag anything I need to know
My son wasn't much older than you when he decided to try my Model 29. Seated bench, with sandbag rest. When he touched it off, it came back and hit him right in the head. Luckily he had a ball cap on, otherwise it would've opened him up. I thought about that when I watched the Ermey vid. Point is, the recoil is easier to deal with standing rather than seated/supported IMHO. I wouldn't be afraid of the recoil, just aware of it.