Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > 44 Mag?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2010, 12:01 AM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I got it....

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 04-08-2010, 12:12 AM   #22

Liked 1656 Times on 935 Posts
Likes Given: 1117

Well, now I am also considering the Super Blackhawk. I know a couple of people that do cowboy action. They keep inviting me. I already have a bounty hunter in 45 colt. I would need 2 single action pistols. I could kill two birds with one stone here. Then I would still need a lever rifle and a stage coach.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 04-08-2010, 02:08 AM   #23

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

As my father says, "Ruger: perfect and reliable through the mud, the blood, and the beer."

Keep us updated on what you decide to get

Old 04-08-2010, 02:13 AM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
Well, now I am also considering the Super Blackhawk. I know a couple of people that do cowboy action. They keep inviting me. I already have a bounty hunter in 45 colt. I would need 2 single action pistols. I could kill two birds with one stone here. Then I would still need a lever rifle and a stage coach.
Oh boy! Many more new guns.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 04-09-2010, 12:54 AM   #25

I finally made up my mind. I went to Jerry's Outdoor Sports to look at some guns. Once I held a S&W 629 it was all over. I bought a 4 inch stainless with the rubber grip with the finger notches. That is the nicest gun I have ever bought. Only problem is I can't pick it up until tomorrow. There were too many people getting background checks. It was going to take until like an hour after closing. It is all paid for. I just have to pick it up. I also picked up my dies and some jacketed hollow point bullets to make defensive rounds. I just finished pouring 30 bullets to make some ammo for the range for tomorrow. I can't wait.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 04-09-2010, 01:25 AM   #26

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

You'll be happy. Congrats and looking forward to seeing pics.

Old 04-09-2010, 07:04 AM   #27

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

That's pretty awesome! Can't wait to see the pics.

Old 04-09-2010, 08:23 AM   #28

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Congrats on the new purchase Rick.

Old 04-09-2010, 10:26 AM   #29
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 47 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
I finally made up my mind. I went to Jerry's Outdoor Sports to look at some guns. Once I held a S&W 629 it was all over. I bought a 4 inch stainless with the rubber grip with the finger notches. That is the nicest gun I have ever bought. Only problem is I can't pick it up until tomorrow. There were too many people getting background checks. It was going to take until like an hour after closing. It is all paid for. I just have to pick it up. I also picked up my dies and some jacketed hollow point bullets to make defensive rounds. I just finished pouring 30 bullets to make some ammo for the range for tomorrow. I can't wait.
You will never regret owning a 629. I have several, and I'd sell my wife before I let my 629's go.

Old 04-11-2010, 02:32 AM   #30

I finally got a chance to take a pic of the new S&W. Awesome gun. I shot 30 rounds of handloaded 250 grain 44 mag today. I also shot 6 rounds of 240 JHP. I was able to keep them inside the outer ring at 25 yards. I was shooting standing unsupported. I used 8 grains of Titegroup with the lead bullet and 9 grains with the JHP. I shot the hollow points into a stack of phone books. It was knocking around a stack of books about 12 inches thick. It only went about 3/4 of the way through. But they were dry. I will bump it up to 9.5 grains next time.

I always have trouble finding holsters. I am left handed. I made one today. It is the one in the picture. It doesn't look like a Bianchi. But no one is supposed to see it anyway. Right?

Last edited by Rick1967; 06-19-2010 at 07:29 PM.

Newest Threads