Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > .38/.357 Mag for self-defense

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2011, 12:54 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchmaster View Post
I almost feel bad about posting here... I mean it seems all of you own and carry S&W's and Ruger's. As a retiree living on a very fixed income, all I can afford is my trusty Rossi 46102. I stagger my rounds, ie.; mine is a 6-shooter, so I carry three 125 gr .357 JHP's and three 125 gr .38 spl.JHP +P's, both calibers are Remington Golden Saber. I carry my revolver in my Rays Holster "Shado" Clamshell holster, and my spare ammo in Bianchi Speed Strips, staggered the same as above, (in fact, I'm carrying all the above right now). ps; it maybe cheap, but it gets the job done!
When i first got into revolvers, i was on a tight budget and i purchased that same Rossi as well. No shame here! I've put a **** ton of rounds through it with out a single issue.

“You’ve got red on you.” — Shaun of the Dead

Old 04-16-2011, 02:55 AM   #42

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchmaster View Post
I almost feel bad about posting here... I mean it seems all of you own and carry S&W's and Ruger's. As a retiree living on a very fixed income, all I can afford is my trusty Rossi 46102. I stagger my rounds, ie.; mine is a 6-shooter, so I carry three 125 gr .357 JHP's and three 125 gr .38 spl.JHP +P's, ps; it maybe cheap, but it gets the job done!
You shouldn't feel like that at all. All but two of my Rugers were bought used and one was a gift. All of my Smiths were family heirloms or bought used.

Rugers can be found used for equal or less than the cost of a new Rossi or Taurus and offer supreme quality and durability.

If your Rossi is doing what you need it to (protecting you and your loved ones), then that is just fine. That is the most important thing.

Some of us just like a little bit of history and beauty within our tools and/or the ability to push them to the limits, that's all. . .

Old 04-16-2011, 03:02 AM   #43

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

I don't understand the thought process behind alternating .357 and .38 rounds. Pick one and shoot it. Bang, WHAM, bang, WHAM sounds disconcerting to me. I shoot heavy loads and light loads but not interspersed when fired for effect.

Old 04-16-2011, 04:57 PM   #44

Liked 30 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 14

SP101

Summer:
First 2 rounds - Hornady 38 +P 110gr FTX
Last 3 rounds - Federal 357 130gr Hydra-Shok

Winter:
All 5 rounds - Federal 357 158gr Hydra-Shok

Old 04-16-2011, 05:53 PM   #45

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
I don't understand the thought process behind alternating .357 and .38 rounds. Pick one and shoot it. Bang, WHAM, bang, WHAM sounds disconcerting to me. I shoot heavy loads and light loads but not interspersed when fired for effect.
It's supposed to be just a practice technique. I believe to work on flinches and the like. . .