Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > .357 Snubbie

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2009, 06:14 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I have a Taurus 605 with almost 5000 rounds through it and maybe 2000 of those were .357 magnum.

No problems yet...it has been the most trouble-free gun I've ever owned.

Old 09-24-2009, 02:17 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark F View Post

Trust me on this one...
You WILL NOT shoot 2 boxes of .357 Magnums in a S&W 60 each week. You won't make it through the first box... before you'll be ready to ho home and soak your hand... BEEN THERE, DONE THAT.
See, I have a real problem with these types of statements. I'm not a big guy (6'0" 175lbs), but I've been wrenching on stuff for the past 10 years, both as a mechanic and currently as a machinist. Anyone who's done those types of jobs knows that you use your hand as a hammer daily. Repeatedly. Every day. Again and again and again. I'm talking about hitting stuff with the palm of your hand hard. Hard enough to make sure that whatever you just hit wont ever come lose by itself...ever.

Now, if your profession is lawyer or doctor, it might be hard to shoot a box of 357s out of your snub. I don't blame you. I know how much they punch back and I know it wouldn't be doable for someone who hasn't conditioned their hands, either by necessity or want, to take that punishment. But don't say it's impossible. There's lots of people who can do it.

Old 09-24-2009, 11:18 PM   #23

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
I have a Ruger SP101 that I bought for the wife to shoot 38s. I also wanted an all around gun that could take magnums all day long for years to come. I was consistantly pointed back to the SP101. It's a great pistol with a reputation for eating hot magnums with a smile.

I agree my SP101 will take magnum loads all flipping day, But my hands wont...

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
Jimi Hendrix

Old 09-26-2009, 10:01 AM   #24

Here is another snub, this pic is a Dan Wesson in .357 caliber with a 2 inch barrel. The front sight is nice for target shooting. I put a colored insert ramp on for carry. They change out very easily. This one currently is supporting a 4" barrel now with the cylinder gap set at a tight .003. Both of the shorties are alot of fun to shoot. The Houges make for shooting mags all day no problemo.