.357 Rhino.

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > .357 Rhino.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2011, 08:19 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default .357 Rhino.

Howdy, ya'll. Being new I guess I have to say hello, so hello.

On the note at hand, I was wondering if any of you have ever heard of/fired/owned a .357 Rhino revolver? I saw one down at the local specialty arms dealer in town and have never seen one before. I was impressed with the design. An over-under with the barrel on bottom. They had a snub and a standard. The snub was very impressive considering how small it was for so much power. Had to tell someone. Any input would be great.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-27-2011, 08:48 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowderBurnBassist
Howdy, ya'll. Being new I guess I have to say hello, so hello.

On the note at hand, I was wondering if any of you have ever heard of/fired/owned a .357 Rhino revolver? I saw one down at the local specialty arms dealer in town and have never seen one before. I was impressed with the design. An over-under with the barrel on bottom. They had a snub and a standard. The snub was very impressive considering how small it was for so much power. Had to tell someone. Any input would be great.
The barrel is indeed on the bottom and supposedly the recoil is similar to a .38 without any loss in stopping power of the .357 magnum. The is supposed to be fairly accurate. The hammer I've heard is pretty difficult to pull back because the spring is very strong.

Old 08-27-2011, 10:10 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rothey10

The barrel is indeed on the bottom and supposedly the recoil is similar to a .38 without any loss in stopping power of the .357 magnum. The is supposed to be fairly accurate. The hammer I've heard is pretty difficult to pull back because the spring is very strong.
Yes, sir. They had mentioned that point about the hammer. I would love to get one on a range course and tear it up.

Old 08-27-2011, 10:26 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

See the "similar threads" at the very bottom of this page for a lot more...

"If the Earth were made of gold, I guess men would kill for a handful of dirt." - Gary Cooper's last line in the movie THE GARDEN OF EVIL

Old 08-28-2011, 03:22 AM   #5

Quote:

Yes, sir. They had mentioned that point about the hammer. I would love to get one on a range course and tear it up.
Me too. I've heard they are a lot of fun. My buddy said the .357 mag kicks like a 9mm.

Old 08-28-2011, 03:42 AM   #6

Quote:

Me too. I've heard they are a lot of fun. My buddy said the .357 mag kicks like a 9mm.
If that is true than it is a fantastic weapon.

Old 08-28-2011, 03:59 AM   #7

Quote:

If that is true than it is a fantastic weapon.
That's what I said. I'm not sure how true it is until I try it myself but the guy who shot it said it is unbelievable. He said with the barrel being underneath it is more of a push back then a snap recoil.

Old 08-28-2011, 06:05 AM   #8

Quote:

That's what I said. I'm not sure how true it is until I try it myself but the guy who shot it said it is unbelievable. He said with the barrel being underneath it is more of a push back then a snap recoil.
That's what I was thinking. All the weight is on top. Great design for a pistol.

Old 08-28-2011, 06:11 AM   #9

Quote:

That's what I was thinking. All the weight is on top. Great design for a pistol.
It would definitely be a fun gun to shoot.