Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Revolver Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f16/)
-   -   357 magnum or sig under $400 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f16/357-magnum-sig-under-400-a-51613/)

rem870forever 11-11-2011 08:04 PM

357 magnum or sig under $400
 
Are Rossi 357s and good or charter arms. Also are there any 357 sigs under $400

Fayettedave 11-11-2011 09:06 PM

If it were me, I would want to stick with either Ruger or S&W. If you can go a little higher you can get a number of new Rugers for under $500 at budsgunshop.com. A new Smith, however, will set you back starting at an additional $100 or so.

So again, if it were me, I would either save-up a bit more cash or start looking at my local gunshops/pawnshops for any used Rugers or Smiths. You could very well find some that are in good shape for a decent price.

orangello 11-11-2011 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fayettedave (Post 625278)
So again, if it were me, I would either save-up a bit more cash or start looking at my local gunshops/pawnshops for any used Rugers or Smiths. You could very well find some that are in good shape for a decent price.

This, exactly! I did pick up a new but somewhat shopworn (blemish in finish from factory oil) Ruger GP100 .357mag for $400 last year. Check the pawnshops. There is a guide on the forum about purchasing a used revolver and what to look for. http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f102/how-buy-used-revolver-44467/

Additionally, you mentioned the 357sig; you do realize it isn't all that similar to the .357 magnum, right? Get the real deal, a .357 mag/.38 special revolver.

Fayettedave 11-11-2011 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangello (Post 625283)
I did pick up a new but somewhat shopworn (blemish in finish from factory oil) Ruger GP100 .357mag for $400 last year

See, now THAT'S what I'm talking about! So many people have gotten hammered by this stinking economy that there are a whole lot of really nice pieces on the resale market.

Just figure out what you want and be patient.

rem870forever 11-11-2011 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangello

This, exactly! I did pick up a new but somewhat shopworn (blemish in finish from factory oil) Ruger GP100 .357mag for $400 last year. Check the pawnshops. There is a guide on the forum about purchasing a used revolver and what to look for. http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f102/how-buy-used-revolver-44467/

Additionally, you mentioned the 357sig; you do realize it isn't all that similar to the .357 magnum, right? Get the real deal, a .357 mag/.38 special revolver.

Ya I do realize that but I want a moderately powerful pistol and/or revolver

rem870forever 11-11-2011 09:26 PM

I was looking at the s&w m&p 357 sig for $420

Fayettedave 11-11-2011 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rem870forever (Post 625299)
I was looking at the s&w m&p 357 sig for $420

That sounds about right.....

UrbanNinja 11-11-2011 09:54 PM

Ive got a Rossi .357 magnum which I inherited from my grandfather. Im not a fan of revolvers much but ive taken it to the range half a dozen times and never had any issues with it.. from what I understand they are reasonable in price(around $250) but im sure you can probably pick up a better name brand for less then $400

orangello 11-11-2011 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rem870forever (Post 625298)
Ya I do realize that but I want a moderately powerful pistol and/or revolver

Ah, cool; i have noticed some people have been confused by the name, as i was when i first saw it. You might also look into the 10mm semiautos; there is a reasonably-priced model by Glock. I don't own one, but i've not seen any complaints other than some over how it "fit" the shooter's grip, a not uncommon comment on glock's.
Glock 20C 10mm 15 Rnd Fixed Sights Comp $594.00 SHIPS FREE This one is compensated. I would imagine you could beat that price if you shopped around.

One of my favorite plinking pistols is a CZ75b that i picked up lightly used at a pawn shop, $400. It does have a bit of discoloration on part of the slide, but that is not important to me.


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:17 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.