Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > 3 Good Reasons

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2010, 02:47 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts

Default 3 Good Reasons

There's been a few discussions about Taurus firearms (issues) lately in this section. Most of what you hear is about the lack of quality control, inconsistent product, poor customer service and cosmetic defects. But there are still those out there that will claim their Taurus out shoots other comparable revolvers from more reputable manufactures.

By now, everyone interested in purchasing a firearm (maybe even considering a Taurus) has probably heard at least one negative review about Taurus' products and probably knows that they are taking a gamble by trying one.

So my question is this:
With so many good quality used revolvers (Rugers and Smiths) available for prices close to that of a new Taurus. . .

Give me 3 good reasons why you would want to lay down a few hundred of your hard earned $$$ for the purchase of a Taurus firearm.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-05-2010, 01:54 PM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

1. 6-shot 38 Special J frame size model 856.
2. Ummmm
3. Ummmm

OK, one good reason...

"Adversity does not make a man--it reveals him"

Old 04-05-2010, 06:50 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I used to work part time at a gun shop. On occasion if I'm in there and they're really busy, I'll still step behind the counter and help out. So, this is from a credible source. The shop will not carry Taurus because of all the QC and customer service issues. It's not worth the bad PR and lousy word of mouth that comes from selling an inferior product.

We all know that lemons happen and any manufacturer can make a bad product on occasion. However, Taurus seems to turn out crap on a regular basis and has problems making them right.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 04-06-2010, 02:05 AM   #4

Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts

I just can't for the life of me figure out why anyone would pay for something that they have been warned against over and over and over, as being a bad investment.

When I hear negative personal experiences and book/magazine reviews and can just feel the tool's lack of durability and strength and can see the absence of craftsmanship, there is no warranty, bargain or convenience attribute that would allow myself to overlook all of the many flaws.

I'm just trying to understand. C'mon lets hear some more!

Old 04-06-2010, 02:36 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 42 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 53

1. Buying used from a friend and I *know* the performance of *that* particular gun.

2. Seller throws in a free NIB Glock.

3. OK, I couldn't come up with three.

"An armed society is a polite society." — Robert A. Heinlein

"After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the military."
— William S. Burroughs