22. Magnum Revolver Questions - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > 22. Magnum Revolver Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2012, 04:11 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 134 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 43

This thread started in Febuary. The OP got a gun in May. Then someone drug it up again. I don't get it! Why keep dragging up threads that have been dead for months? Checking the date that the thread was started shouldn't be part of the equation.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Old 10-12-2012, 04:26 AM   #42
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5912 Times on 3085 Posts
Likes Given: 415

a lot of the time folks are using the search feature and just read the last couple of replies. a lot of times someone will start a new thread that was talked about a few weeks back and half a dozen folks yell at em to use the search feature... heh

its harmless by and large. we typically let it go unless it serves no real purpose and starts happening a lot with one particular poster or one thread just keeps raising its head over and over and its been beat to death a few times

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 10-12-2012, 01:48 PM   #43

Liked 13 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzilla View Post
I shoot whatever's on sale - Walmart only offers 2-3 types of 22 Mag - from Winchesters Dynapoint to CCI Maxi-Mag 40 gr HP which I am currently using. I use Midway for other loads.
Hello
It has been my experience when using the Winchester "Dyna Point's" that they are not as accurate as the CCI Maxi-Mag's out of my guns. I perfer CCI over any other brand's out there as they seem to shoot the Tightest group's of any that I have Tested. They may cost a little more but isn't accuracy what we strive for ? Regards, Hammerdown

Old 10-12-2012, 02:04 PM   #44

I have always used CCI Maxi Mags. The other brand are hard to find .
Joe R

A prudent man foresees the difficulties ahead and prepares for them; the simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.” Proverbs 22:3

Old 10-13-2012, 05:44 AM   #45
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 273 Times on 212 Posts
Likes Given: 120

The CCI was only 70 cents more and it looked worth it. I have a set of derringers in 22 Mag - accuracy is not as much an issue as reliability for short range platforms.

Seen some YouTube videos of people making some long shots w derringers but I have not had that kind of luck. The Triggers do not promote accuracy. Spent some time on it once trying to pattern top barrel vs bottom barrel POI at different ranges.

I used to own a Ruger Single Six w 6.5" barrel. I consider the 22 Mag a bit light for the ideal trail gun but several FTF members have used them successfully on Mountain lion. Some calibers just get the job done better than they look on paper - IMHO.