Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Virginia Gun Forum > Hello from NN/Hampton area

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2012, 09:22 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Hello from NN/Hampton area

Hi! to everyone. Glad they opened up a state forum. Want to see more members from the NN/Hampton area sign up.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-18-2012, 09:31 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 756 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Welcome aboard the FTF!

Old 02-18-2012, 09:33 PM   #3

Thanks for the welcome. Been on board for awhile, just been lurking around and reading informative threads.

Old 02-19-2012, 12:30 AM   #4
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 151 Times on 90 Posts

Right outside ft Eustis

Old 02-19-2012, 12:16 PM   #5

Hi! Thanks for the reply. Where do you shoot at? The Marksman by Industrial? Son mentioned to me that they are outlawing leadcast bullets in the indoor range by the end of the month. That's a super bummer for us because we cast our own lead bullets and now we need to buy some copper jacketed bullets or become a member of another gun club close to us.Life is beginning to suck regarding our sport/hobby around our area.

Old 02-19-2012, 04:44 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyBB
Hi! Thanks for the reply. Where do you shoot at? The Marksman by Industrial? Son mentioned to me that they are outlawing leadcast bullets in the indoor range by the end of the month. That's a super bummer for us because we cast our own lead bullets and now we need to buy some copper jacketed bullets or become a member of another gun club close to us.Life is beginning to suck regarding our sport/hobby around our area.
I have friends at the lafyette gun club so when ever i wanna go i just go with them you ever go by quartermaster

Old 02-19-2012, 06:06 PM   #7

Hi! Yeah!Count yourself very lucky.We are members of the Marksman by Industrial and my son just broke the news that by the end of the month they won't allow reloaders to shot lead cast bullets, only copper jacketed. I was really sad for my son because he took some serious interest in casting 45 acp and just recently 9mm. I have been reloading since late 80's. It is hard to get into Lafayette need sponsorship just to have your membership application even looked at. I am interested more in their outdoor range, from their internet brochure looks really nice. Take care and thanks again.

Old 02-19-2012, 11:18 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyBB
Hi! Yeah!Count yourself very lucky.We are members of the Marksman by Industrial and my son just broke the news that by the end of the month they won't allow reloaders to shot lead cast bullets, only copper jacketed. I was really sad for my son because he took some serious interest in casting 45 acp and just recently 9mm. I have been reloading since late 80's. It is hard to get into Lafayette need sponsorship just to have your membership application even looked at. I am interested more in their outdoor range, from their internet brochure looks really nice. Take care and thanks again.
Well dang that sucks check out the chickohominy WMA it aint to far away the have a decent outdoor range i could show ya where it is sometime if ya want

Old 02-19-2012, 11:28 PM   #9

Woody,
Thanks for giving me all the info. I sent that to my son to check out. Oh! sorry about not replying about Quartermaster's. I live by the subdivision behind the Big Lots. I don't really feel like driving all the way to Hampton just to shoot my cast bullets or Bob's at Norfolk. He's a full time student but I sent him the name so at least we can find an alternative aside from the Marksman. Thanks for all the help. I really appreciate all your info. The Marksman was a good range when it was still by Jefferson CEBAF. It had good airconditioning and air exchange system. When it moved to Industrial it was still good, until the ownership change. The a/c system and the air exchange system went down and never got fixed. I assume that is why they are now just letting copper jacketed bullets on the range. It just sucks for casters and reloaders like us. Thanks.