Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Virginia Gun Forum > The Cove Report

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2013, 12:53 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 26 Times on 16 Posts

Default The Cove Report

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum. Went to the Cove (www.covecampground.com) this weekend and figured it was time to post an update of what's going on out there.

First off, they are only open on the weekends in the winter, so don't waste a trip during the week. For those, who are familiar with the old Cove range, they have completely cleaned up the place, when open, there is always a RSO up there now (no worries, Tannerite is still allowed ).

Talked to the brothers a bit and they are planning to install several steel targets by summer, one of them is already purchased.

We had a great time, where else can you shoot for 3 hours for $15 in NoVA? Blew up a bunch of Tannerite, including Last Man Standing's Rimfire sensitive targets, what a cost effective explosive target!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-10-2013, 11:15 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

That range has so much potential. Last time I went it was full of garbage. Nice to see that the brothers are doing something with it.
I'm usually up there for Rover events to hit the trails but last time I brought a few firearms with me.