How many of you guys am I likely to bump into at some point? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Utah Gun Forum > How many of you guys am I likely to bump into at some point?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2012, 05:54 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 43 Times on 21 Posts

You guys are a bit north of me. I'm in West Jordan and actually I go to Impact in Kearns quite a bit. Been going over there since it was Picks archery. Got my Hoyt bow signed by Ted Nugent there when I was about 15. Would love to check out any pistol shoots you guys here about in the SL area. I'm shooting a 5" Springfield 1911 and for revolver I like to shoot my 6" Taurus 44. Mag. If you guys know of or here about any pistol shoots please post it.

Old 03-06-2012, 02:09 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2962 Times on 1479 Posts
Likes Given: 327

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshH View Post
You guys are a bit north of me. I'm in West Jordan and actually I go to Impact in Kearns quite a bit. Been going over there since it was Picks archery. Got my Hoyt bow signed by Ted Nugent there when I was about 15. Would love to check out any pistol shoots you guys here about in the SL area. I'm shooting a 5" Springfield 1911 and for revolver I like to shoot my 6" Taurus 44. Mag. If you guys know of or here about any pistol shoots please post it.
I'd ask around at the range. I know that the range in Kaysville has some practical pistol shoots and a pin match on weekends.

These folks may be able to help as well:
http://utahshootingsports.com/
NRA Life Member

"We've replaced what was an exceptional country with a tolerant country. " Greg Gutfeld

Old 03-06-2012, 02:13 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledbetter84 View Post
I used to go to those pin shoots, I hung out with Blair,Fred and Lynn. It jut got too crowded for me. Had to show up an our early to get a spot.
It does get silly at times, but the guys make it work somehow. I'm going to be off of the range for a few more weeks. Turns out I have fairly high lead levels in my blood. The Doc wants me to abstain from shooting & reloading until it gets back down to safe levels.
Maybe the weather will get nice enough soon to shift extra attention on my motorcycle.
NRA Life Member

"We've replaced what was an exceptional country with a tolerant country. " Greg Gutfeld

Old 03-06-2012, 09:34 PM   #14

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084

It does get silly at times, but the guys make it work somehow. I'm going to be off of the range for a few more weeks. Turns out I have fairly high lead levels in my blood. The Doc wants me to abstain from shooting & reloading until it gets back down to safe levels.
Maybe the weather will get nice enough soon to shift extra attention on my motorcycle.
I'm fairly certain I've met you then. Probably have to see your face to make sure. I tend to shoot outside with theropinfool. Helps with my lead levels

Old 03-07-2012, 11:19 PM   #15

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Nice to see a few photos from your range UtahStroke!!!!

Will have to stop by and check out the next comp.

Ruger SR-22, Browning Buckmark Camper URX, Sig P250 2Sum 9mm, Beretta Nano, Winchester 101 Trap, CZ 512 Mossberg 500 Flex, Carbine MForgery, and soon a rifle length MForgery........and counting. Damn this is fun

Old 03-08-2012, 02:28 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledbetter84 View Post
I'm fairly certain I've met you then. Probably have to see your face to make sure. I tend to shoot outside with theropinfool. Helps with my lead levels

PM sent.
NRA Life Member

Old 03-17-2012, 06:23 PM   #17

Liked 163 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 86

Hello fellow Utahns. I have not been on FTF for a while and I noticed the new state sub forums. I live at about the halfway mark between Smith and Edwards and Impact which puts me about a block from Cal-Ranch. So many firearm and so little cash. We usually head out to the desert and set up our own range. I wish Sportsmans would get rid of that F'n empty 10mm brass bucket. Who knows...maybe one day there will be some brass in it. And maybe one day I will get lucky and find some CCI300 primers and some AA-#9.....and maybe one day I will get there on a Tues night after they have stocked the shelves....maybe. I'd like to support Kents more but most goodies are ten to fifteen percent more there.

Old 03-17-2012, 06:27 PM   #18

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotMormon
Hello fellow Utahns. I have not been on FTF for a while and I noticed the new state sub forums. I live at about the halfway mark between Smith and Edwards and Impact which puts me about a block from Cal-Ranch. So many firearm and so little cash. We usually head out to the desert and set up our own range. I wish Sportsmans would get rid of that F'n empty 10mm brass bucket. Who knows...maybe one day there will be some brass in it. And maybe one day I will get lucky and find some CCI300 primers and some AA-#9.....and maybe one day I will get there on a Tues night after they have stocked the shelves....maybe. I'd like to support Kents more but most goodies are ten to fifteen percent more there.
Just picked up a box last week of the 300 primers. Also large rile, small rifle and small pistol magnum. (at sportsmans)

Old 03-17-2012, 06:35 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotMormon View Post
Don't feel bad, I can't remember the last time SW had any .357 in the bins either, well over a year. For 10 mm, just order some Starline and save a few bucks.
Check Smith & Eddie's for primers. The last brick of CCI 300s I bought, was there.
NRA Life Member

Old 03-17-2012, 06:41 PM   #20

Liked 163 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 86

So, you're the guy!?! I just need to get there a little earlier in the week. Usually by Sunday afternoon, the reloading shelf is in need of restocking. At least in regards to the components I need.