Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Utah Gun Forum > How many of you guys am I likely to bump into at some point?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2012, 01:52 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2533 Times on 1268 Posts
Likes Given: 239

Default How many of you guys am I likely to bump into at some point?

I've seen state forum setups like this on other forums. They are typically a dead zone in an otherwise lively forum. I figured I'd try to get things going.

I live in Roy. I do a lot of shooting at Impact Guns in Ogden, including the Thursday night Pin Shoots. How likely is it that we have crossed paths or likely will in the near future?
When the weather is nice, I will occasionally drag myself out to the Whasatch range.

NRA Life Member

"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand."
Milton Friedman

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-18-2012, 03:32 PM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I've been know to show up at impact from time to time. I don't go there alot, the older short bald guy drives me crazy. I can't talk to him without it somehow turning to end of the world scenarios.

I went to one of the bowling pin shoots couple years ago. It was fun, but hard to breath after a while. It was revolver night, I had my ruger vaquero colt .45. I think some folks were impressed I did so well with it. Nothing to brag about really but I'd get 4 out of 5 usually.

I go to sportsmans about once a week. I like Kent's too. Hope to see you around.

image-2350900281.jpg

He's me and my buddies little sister. We shot this deer in the bottom of Hooper last fall.

Wait, was this thing on?

Old 02-18-2012, 05:10 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by theropinfool View Post
I've been know to show up at impact from time to time. I don't go there alot, the older short bald guy drives me crazy. I can't talk to him without it somehow turning to end of the world scenarios.

I went to one of the bowling pin shoots couple years ago. It was fun, but hard to breath after a while. It was revolver night, I had my ruger vaquero colt .45. I think some folks were impressed I did so well with it. Nothing to brag about really but I'd get 4 out of 5 usually.

I go to sportsmans about once a week. I like Kent's too. Hope to see you around.

Attachment 39546

He's me and my buddies little sister. We shot this deer in the bottom of Hooper last fall.
I know who your talking about, though his name escapes me right now. Keep the subject away from politics and you will be fine. Even at that, I get along with everyone up there. In fact, Rich, gave me an early hook up on a DW 1911 that came in in trade. I bought it before it hit the shelves. When my wife has been in there shopping, they have always steered her towards really good products. So I'm pretty positive about the place.
As the pin shoots go, revolver night is the worst where air quality is concerned. All those cast reloads (I suppose that makes me part of the problem.)
I will pop into SW as needed. Generally when I need powder or primers. But I never walk out with only what I came for.
I admit to being a bit surprised that there are deer in Hooper. Considering all the (human) population growth in the last few years, I would have thought the deer had moved on.
NRA Life Member

"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand."
Milton Friedman

Old 02-19-2012, 02:13 AM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Impact is good if you talk to the right guy. I really like talking to the really fat guy. He's a hoot. I bought my XD and a marlin 30/30 there. They beat everyone's prices. Just have to park at the titty bar most the time, and I hate explaining that to the wife!

There are a BUNCH of deer right on the lakeshore. I've seen monsters from Little Mountain all the way down to Syracuse. Last time I talked to the dwr about it they figured they'd come off the island with the lake being so low. I've seem them in the hay fields clear up to 5500 west.

Wait, was this thing on?

Old 02-19-2012, 02:55 AM   #5

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 456

I have ordered guns from Impact and watched NutnFancy videos on youtube...does that count?

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 02-19-2012, 03:41 AM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle
I have ordered guns from Impact and watched NutnFancy videos on youtube...does that count?
Only if you water your lawn to much, put fry sauce on everything, and put carrot chunks in your green jello.

Wait, was this thing on?

Old 02-19-2012, 02:18 PM   #7

Summit County, Kamas area for me. My son and I hold long range precision rifle matchs monthly, PCPR (Park City Precision Rifle) on our private range. Watch Snipershide.com, tactical matches forum for details. If you find your self in the Park City area, the Park City Gun Club indoor shooting facility is a new and state of the art pistol range. It features programable scenarios
in each lane, a live fire video range and a electronic video range. The ventalation system ia outstanding. Open to non-members of course. See Jamie Swanson, my son in law, he will show you around.

pcpr-feb-18-2.jpg   pcpr-feb-18-1.jpg   pcpr-feb-18-3.jpg  

Last edited by UtahStroke; 02-19-2012 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Add Pic's

Old 02-19-2012, 02:19 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by theropinfool View Post
Impact is good if you talk to the right guy. I really like talking to the really fat guy. He's a hoot. I bought my XD and a marlin 30/30 there. They beat everyone's prices. Just have to park at the titty bar most the time, and I hate explaining that to the wife!...
Their prices are pretty decent. They can be beat, but you will probably have to go through Buds or someone like that. When you factor in the shipping to an FFL and so forth, it's a wash. Plus if I'm not going to get hosed, I will make an effort to support a local retailer. We've bought probably 8 or 9 guns in there in the last couple of years.
The parking is truly hopeless. I park on the other side in that little business complex, parking in the nudy bar means you have to navigate that treacherous muddy area where the fence ends.
NRA Life Member

Milton Friedman

Old 03-04-2012, 09:31 PM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084
I've seen state forum setups like this on other forums. They are typically a dead zone in an otherwise lively forum. I figured I'd try to get things going.

I live in Roy. I do a lot of shooting at Impact Guns in Ogden, including the Thursday night Pin Shoots. How likely is it that we have crossed paths or likely will in the near future?
When the weather is nice, I will occasionally drag myself out to the Whasatch range.
I used to go to those pin shoots, I hung out with Blair,Fred and Lynn. It jut got too crowded for me. Had to show up an our early to get a spot.

Old 03-04-2012, 09:52 PM   #10

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

By the way, I'm in Hooper as well. I visit impact when I have to, but I try to support Kent's more.