Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Utah Gun Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f157/)
-   -   How many of you guys am I likely to bump into at some point? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f157/how-many-you-guys-am-i-likely-bump-into-some-point-58126/)

Overkill0084 02-18-2012 01:52 PM

How many of you guys am I likely to bump into at some point?
 
I've seen state forum setups like this on other forums. They are typically a dead zone in an otherwise lively forum. I figured I'd try to get things going.

I live in Roy. I do a lot of shooting at Impact Guns in Ogden, including the Thursday night Pin Shoots. How likely is it that we have crossed paths or likely will in the near future?
When the weather is nice, I will occasionally drag myself out to the Whasatch range.

theropinfool 02-18-2012 03:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I've been know to show up at impact from time to time. I don't go there alot, the older short bald guy drives me crazy. I can't talk to him without it somehow turning to end of the world scenarios.

I went to one of the bowling pin shoots couple years ago. It was fun, but hard to breath after a while. It was revolver night, I had my ruger vaquero colt .45. I think some folks were impressed I did so well with it. Nothing to brag about really but I'd get 4 out of 5 usually.

I go to sportsmans about once a week. I like Kent's too. Hope to see you around.

Attachment 39546

He's me and my buddies little sister. We shot this deer in the bottom of Hooper last fall.

Overkill0084 02-18-2012 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theropinfool (Post 712885)
I've been know to show up at impact from time to time. I don't go there alot, the older short bald guy drives me crazy. I can't talk to him without it somehow turning to end of the world scenarios.

I went to one of the bowling pin shoots couple years ago. It was fun, but hard to breath after a while. It was revolver night, I had my ruger vaquero colt .45. I think some folks were impressed I did so well with it. Nothing to brag about really but I'd get 4 out of 5 usually.

I go to sportsmans about once a week. I like Kent's too. Hope to see you around.

Attachment 39546

He's me and my buddies little sister. We shot this deer in the bottom of Hooper last fall.

I know who your talking about, though his name escapes me right now. Keep the subject away from politics and you will be fine. Even at that, I get along with everyone up there. In fact, Rich, gave me an early hook up on a DW 1911 that came in in trade. I bought it before it hit the shelves. When my wife has been in there shopping, they have always steered her towards really good products. So I'm pretty positive about the place.
As the pin shoots go, revolver night is the worst where air quality is concerned. All those cast reloads (I suppose that makes me part of the problem.)
I will pop into SW as needed. Generally when I need powder or primers. But I never walk out with only what I came for.
I admit to being a bit surprised that there are deer in Hooper. Considering all the (human) population growth in the last few years, I would have thought the deer had moved on.

theropinfool 02-19-2012 02:13 AM

Impact is good if you talk to the right guy. I really like talking to the really fat guy. He's a hoot. I bought my XD and a marlin 30/30 there. They beat everyone's prices. Just have to park at the titty bar most the time, and I hate explaining that to the wife!

There are a BUNCH of deer right on the lakeshore. I've seen monsters from Little Mountain all the way down to Syracuse. Last time I talked to the dwr about it they figured they'd come off the island with the lake being so low. I've seem them in the hay fields clear up to 5500 west.

Jpyle 02-19-2012 02:55 AM

I have ordered guns from Impact and watched NutnFancy videos on youtube...does that count? :p

theropinfool 02-19-2012 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jpyle
I have ordered guns from Impact and watched NutnFancy videos on youtube...does that count? :p

Only if you water your lawn to much, put fry sauce on everything, and put carrot chunks in your green jello. :)

UtahStroke 02-19-2012 02:18 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Summit County, Kamas area for me. My son and I hold long range precision rifle matchs monthly, PCPR (Park City Precision Rifle) on our private range. Watch Snipershide.com, tactical matches forum for details. If you find your self in the Park City area, the Park City Gun Club indoor shooting facility is a new and state of the art pistol range. It features programable scenarios
in each lane, a live fire video range and a electronic video range. The ventalation system ia outstanding. Open to non-members of course. See Jamie Swanson, my son in law, he will show you around.:cool:

Overkill0084 02-19-2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theropinfool (Post 713457)
Impact is good if you talk to the right guy. I really like talking to the really fat guy. He's a hoot. I bought my XD and a marlin 30/30 there. They beat everyone's prices. Just have to park at the titty bar most the time, and I hate explaining that to the wife!...

Their prices are pretty decent. They can be beat, but you will probably have to go through Buds or someone like that. When you factor in the shipping to an FFL and so forth, it's a wash. Plus if I'm not going to get hosed, I will make an effort to support a local retailer. We've bought probably 8 or 9 guns in there in the last couple of years.
The parking is truly hopeless. I park on the other side in that little business complex, parking in the nudy bar means you have to navigate that treacherous muddy area where the fence ends.

Ledbetter84 03-04-2012 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overkill0084
I've seen state forum setups like this on other forums. They are typically a dead zone in an otherwise lively forum. I figured I'd try to get things going.

I live in Roy. I do a lot of shooting at Impact Guns in Ogden, including the Thursday night Pin Shoots. How likely is it that we have crossed paths or likely will in the near future?
When the weather is nice, I will occasionally drag myself out to the Whasatch range.

I used to go to those pin shoots, I hung out with Blair,Fred and Lynn. It jut got too crowded for me. Had to show up an our early to get a spot.

Ledbetter84 03-04-2012 09:52 PM

By the way, I'm in Hooper as well. I visit impact when I have to, but I try to support Kent's more.


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:59 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.