Who's up for a Tx. Meet & Greet? - Page 17
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Texas Gun Forum > Who's up for a Tx. Meet & Greet?

View Poll Results: Pick a date for the Meet&Greet
July 27th - 28th 4 26.67%
Aug 31st - Sept 1st 3 20.00%
Sept 7th -8th 10 66.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2013, 12:27 PM   #161
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 153 Times on 91 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker

I'm going to see what I can do. I think I will be able to make it, but I'm can't guarantee that.

Reno Texas, 30 or so miles South of Oklahoma. Way too far out of your way. Thanks though.
Well if I invent a teporter between now and then I'll let ya know lol
Old 08-29-2013, 10:29 PM   #162
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1196 Times on 686 Posts
Likes Given: 574

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaySendero View Post
Guys think I can make it Saturday 9/7.

What time are y'all planning to get there?
I'm planning on getting there pretty early just to see the set-up,and see what all we can do for the day. I'm probably 80-90 miles from Buffalo,and it'll take me about 2 hrs to get there going the back roads.
I'd say I'll be there around 8am on the 7th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
Well, I'm not 100% sure I'm going to get to come. It depends on a few things (just applied for a job and am pretty much broke).

I'm definitely going to try though.
TW,You better show up! I cleaned a bunch of 22's to bring since you said that is a caliber you lack. Hell,We're all broke thanks to Obozo and the rest of the Imperialist empire.
Hope you can make it,but we understand if you can't.

Lifetime Member-
NRA
Texas State Rifle Association
North American Hunting Club

People Like This 
Old 08-29-2013, 10:46 PM   #163
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 512 Times on 314 Posts

Hey woody pm robo and see if he wants to car pool.

"Don't call me Sir, I work for a living"

"I'm an A**hole"

Old 08-29-2013, 10:49 PM   #164

Liked 6563 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txhillbilly View Post
I'm planning on getting there pretty early just to see the set-up,and see what all we can do for the day. I'm probably 80-90 miles from Buffalo,and it'll take me about 2 hrs to get there going the back roads.
I'd say I'll be there around 8am on the 7th.

TW,You better show up! I cleaned a bunch of 22's to bring since you said that is a caliber you lack. Hell,We're all broke thanks to Obozo and the rest of the Imperialist empire.
Hope you can make it,but we understand if you can't.
I'm defiantly going to try. I just finished loading every single piece of 45 ACP brass I could find. I'm probably going to work on 30-06 next. I'll probably bring the Nagant too. I can't seem to get that thing to shoot straight. Maybe somebody could tell me what's wrong.

BTW, Is AP ammo ok? That's pretty much all I have for 06'

Old 08-29-2013, 10:55 PM   #165
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Alright,We have 9 days til we have this Meet & Greet. It looks like we are still going to have high temperatures,so everyone bring plenty of liquid to drink (non-Achoholic) while we are at the range.
Safety will be the #1 concern at the range,and if you aren't being safe you will be warned 1st,then be asked to leave if problems continue. I don't see this happening,but we just need to let everyone know up front.
Since there is a small group planning on attending,I don't see the need to really plan things to do.We can figure that out on location.

Things you need to bring with you- Guns,ammo,targets. Being that I've never been to this location,I'd say stick with paper targets-If Axxe knows anything about this area,he can let us know.
Since there is a Burn Ban going on,we can't cook/grill outside,so I'd say bring something that doesn't need to be cooked to eat for lunch. We can also just pitch in and get food at a grocery store if everyone wants.
I'd also bring some outdoor chairs so we can have places to set away from the firing line areas.

I'm sure there are other things that I'm not thinking about,so feel free to add to this list of things to bring.
This should be a very fun time together,and I look forward to seeing/meeting everyone there. THB

Lifetime Member-
NRA

Last edited by Txhillbilly; 08-30-2013 at 01:32 AM.
People Like This 
Old 08-29-2013, 11:00 PM   #166
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
I'm probably going to work on 30-06 next. I'll probably bring the Nagant too. I can't seem to get that thing to shoot straight. Maybe somebody could tell me what's wrong.

BTW, Is AP ammo ok? That's pretty much all I have for 06'
Hey,I know why it doesn't shoot straight It's a Mosin!!!!!
What is AP ammo,I load all of mine so I don't know what that means.

Lifetime Member-
NRA

Old 08-29-2013, 11:10 PM   #167

Liked 6563 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Hey,I know why it doesn't shoot straight It's a Mosin!!!!!
Well, I can't say I didn't walk into that one. My Mosin is actually a pretty good shooter. It's not a gun that will make a single hole with 5 rounds, but it can usually hit the target just fine.

I was referring to my M1895 Nagant revolver though.

Quote:
What is AP ammo,I load all of mine so I don't know what that means.
Armor Piercing ammunition. I got the bullets cheap, so they are a good practice round for me. Not super accurate (due to marks left from being pulled), but good enough.

Last edited by texaswoodworker; 08-29-2013 at 11:12 PM.

Old 08-29-2013, 11:20 PM   #168
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21580 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Alright,We have 9 days til we has this Meet & Greet. It looks like we are still going to have high temperatures,so everyone bring plenty of liquid to drink (non-Achoholic) while we are at the range.
Safety will be the #1 concern at the range,and if you aren't being safe you will be warned 1st,then be asked to leave if problems continue. I don't see this happening,but we just need to let everyone know up front.
Since there is a small group planning on attending,I don't see the need to really plan things to do.We can figure that out on location.

Things you need to bring with you- Guns,ammo,targets. Being that I've never been to this location,I'd say stick with paper targets-If Axxe knows anything about this area,he can let us know.
Since there is a Burn Ban going on,we can't cook/grill outside,so I'd say bring something that doesn't need to be cooked to eat for lunch. We can also just pitch in and get food at a grocery store if everyone wants.
I'd also bring some outdoor chairs so we can have places to set away from the firing line areas.

I'm sure there are other things that I'm not thinking about,so feel free to add to this list of things to bring.
This should be a very fun time together,and I look forward to seeing/meeting everyone there. THB
pretty much paper targets. pistols and rifles only on this range. i am going to try and snag a bunch of larger cardboard boxes at work for use as targets.

yes there is a burn ban in effect, so cooking outside is not feasable right now. there are a couple of grocery stores in Buffalo and few different fast food joints as well. we can figure out what we are going to do about lunch closer to game day.

i was going to rent a small portable standup tent, but after looking at the range the other day, it has lots of shade trees, os just bring some lawn chairs or whatever with you. the firing lines are covered as well. there is a 25, 50, 100 and 200 yard ranges.

Hillbilly is correct about the temperature. it will still be up in the mid to upper 90's that weekend more than likely. also it will be humid as it's East Texas and if will feel much hotter than it is. we will need to stay hydrated as much as possible.

as Hillbilly also pointed out, safety is priority one. as per membership rules as a group, we will need to designate a couple of range officers for our group. we can decide on who we want to act as range officers.

if anyone has any questions or suggestions, please post them here nad we will try and work through them or answer them as best as possible.
Old 08-30-2013, 01:36 AM   #169
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

For those that have printers at home,you can print off all kinds of free targets.
Just google Free Targets,and there will be several pages of links for them.
That's what I do.

Lifetime Member-
NRA

texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 08-30-2013, 05:28 PM   #170

Liked 153 Times on 91 Posts

What time is everybody showing up for this shindig on Saturday so I know when I need to leave here