Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Texas Gun Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f156/)
-   -   Texas Spring Meet and Greet (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f156/texas-spring-meet-greet-103501/)

texaswoodworker 02-01-2014 01:07 AM

Texas Spring Meet and Greet

Well, since the last meet and greet was such a success, we're going to try to do it again. This time it will be in the Spring (March or April), but we're not sure exactly when to do it. So like last time, there will be a poll attached to this thread. Pick the weekend that would be best for you. Multiple choices are allowed, so if two weekends work for you, vote for them both! :)

The meet will take place on a Friday, and probably a Saturday if a few people want to stay for an extra day. The location is not set yet. We are working on that. It will most likely be somewhere a little South of the DFW area. I'll be updating this thread as we go.

Feel free to bring as many guns as you want. We had a heck of a time last time, and we plan on having a lot of fun again. ;)

So who want's to have a BLAST!? :D

robocop10mm 02-01-2014 01:42 AM

The first two options are best for me. I work weekends the next 4 weeks.

texaswoodworker 02-01-2014 02:46 AM

It's been brought to my attention that some people can't see the poll for some reason, so here are the dates to choose from.

March 21st - 22nd
March 28th - 29th
April 4th - 5th
April 18th - 19th
April 25th - 26th
All of the above
None of the above

SSGSF 02-01-2014 02:51 AM

All the above can work for, unless my wife has a barrel race she wants to go to.

JW357 02-01-2014 02:53 AM

As of right now I think March 21-22 is best for GGaC and I. I am due to leave Texas April 1st.

It is yet to be determined if I will remain in Oklahoma during April.

Plus the 22nd of March is my birfday. o.O
_________

If this is the first time you've read this, up until now you think I typed this out in response to this thread. Well, the jokes on you. This is my signature line. Know it, embrace it, love it.

Vikingdad 02-01-2014 03:13 AM

If I have the opportunity.....

buckhuntr 02-01-2014 03:33 AM

That time of year is pretty much a no-go for me to get off work during the week. Tax work, ya know. :(

racer_x 02-01-2014 04:02 PM

Well a Friday would be out for me, and south of dfw would make my drive about 6 hours. May pass on this one guys.

TexasGunner 02-01-2014 04:09 PM

Fridays are no go for me as I would be driving down after work Friday. I'll have to see what weekend is picked and see if I can make it. Spring is my busiest time of the year at work. But I really do hope I get to make it to this shindig!

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

DrFootball 02-01-2014 05:35 PM

Texas Spring Meet and Greet

I'll have to Go On the Web-side to see the Poll,..Im on the App Right Now. We are also trying to Help Bobski get the Shotgun shoot going, and one of the weekends posted coincides with that. We also want to try to get with you guys, esp. Since we saw all those great Pics from last time!! I know Vikingdad, and His Pal Vikingal, as well as MzGrn & I would enjoy getting out there. She has a Hand surgery coming up in 3 weeks, then 2 weeks recovery...
Our other issue is transportation. If we fly, it's a PITA to Bring Guns even in Checked & Packed Baggage, and if so, would limit what we could bring. Plus the Fear of a Checked Item Getting LOST....Our initial plan was to "Rent"(short term lease) an RV and come with the Gatorious one on Board....Then of course we can "Shelp" a Lotta Stuff..we'll see...