Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Texas Gun Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f156/)
-   -   Need help with boxes..... (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f156/need-help-boxes-89653/)

LakeshoreShooter 04-27-2013 04:37 AM

Need help with boxes.....

My family moved to Stephenville a while back. We had a moving company move us. There are probably about 150 boxes of various sizes in our garage. Right before coming here, I had back surgery. And of course, like an idiot, I hurt myself trying to get things organized. I ended up back in the hospital. Anyway, it has been 6 months since the move, and the boxes have to go.

The moving company that moved us won't pick up the boxes, as they will only do that up to 3 months after the move. I went out to the landfill and they "don't take cardboard." I wanted to get a dumpster, but no one services Stephenvile. I am curious if anyone on here has had a similar situation....or you just know a place I can take them.

Buckeyeborn 04-27-2013 04:44 AM

Look for cardboard recycler in your area

kytowboater 04-27-2013 04:44 AM

To bad. If you were in ky I would get them. I'm about to move and need them.

MisterMcCool 04-27-2013 09:52 AM

Craigslist?

winds-of-change 04-27-2013 09:55 AM

I agree with MisterMcCool. You can sell them. I'm sure there's someone near you needing to move and wondering where they are going to get some good, sturdy moving boxes. But an ad in the paper or on some local advertising medium like Craigslist.

HOSSFLY 04-27-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckeyeborn (Post 1228536)
Look for cardboard recycler in your area

This ^ or burn them (well, depending on where you live) ----

LakeshoreShooter 04-28-2013 01:07 AM

Burn 'em...

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOSSFLY (Post 1228727)
This ^ or burn them (well, depending on where you live) ----

Ya, can't burn 'em....live in a community on a golf course.

...Buckeyeborn- Hmm, thanks. I will google a cardboard recycler.

...kytowboater- Wish I could help ya....

...MisterMcCool- Excellent idea, thanks! (never been on there....but 1st time for everything.)

...winds-of-change- thanks, I will.

I appreciate the comments!

xring3 04-28-2013 02:27 AM

years ago when I worked in a litho trade shop, we used to get powdered chemicals, bagged, in the nicest double walled boxes I have ever seen. The boxes were made in Belgium for Agfa. these boxes were so nice I used to break them down and take them home. Used the reasoning..you never know when you might have to move. The day came when I did have to move and these boxes really came in handy. For lack of anything meaningful to add to this thread...I figured I would tell this story...BTW....I still have some of those boxes.

vincent 04-28-2013 02:29 AM

Craigslist has a Free section, try there, I kinda doubt anyone is gonna pay for boxes...Good luck...:cool:

winds-of-change 04-28-2013 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincent (Post 1229535)
Craigslist has a Free section, try there, I kinda doubt anyone is gonna pay for boxes...Good luck...:cool:

If these are good quality, sturdy moving boxes from a moving company, I think you can get a bit of money for them.