Howdy, from N E Texas - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Texas Gun Forum > Howdy, from N E Texas

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2012, 07:16 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 35 Times on 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xRacerX75x View Post
Just need a little time to save up cause its $180 for a new comer(according to my partner). Where in the area are you from if you don't mind me asking?

And what do all of us shoot?

I myself prefer my AR and Glock but I've got a Ruger and an SKS I rarely shoot.

$180??? Maybe that includes an NRA membership? Wouldn't hurt to ask. One reason they may have had to go up to newcomers could be the need to have an orientation meeting for all new members. They were getting too many "I didn't know that" excuses from idiots that didn't follow the rules, even though they were given a copy of the rules when they joined. So, they fixed that by having them attend an orientation meeting with all the rules explained, etc.

Old 06-09-2012, 07:23 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by xRacerX75x View Post
I've heard of Union Grove but never been there lol. I work for the Sheriff's Office in Longview so I patrol near Gladewater, and if I'm not mistaken thats just a little north of there right? I'll have to agree with you they have done a lot to the range, was out there just a couple of weeks ago with a partner from work. And a side note Lock & Load in Tyler no longer allows rifles, stopped going over there when I got chewed on for just bring my rifle in the door when there was no sign posted about it.
Yeah, about 3 miles north. Lock & Load was nice back when I wasn't going to the range very often. The electronic target carriers & being inside out of the weather is nice, but when I started going more regular, it got a little expensive. I'd have probably done their annual membership thing for $240 per year, but when they said they'd still charge me $10 per hour when I used it, I figured there had to be a better deal & checked on the range in Longview. Gets touchy in the winter & summer, but I get by.

Old 06-09-2012, 09:47 PM   #23

Liked 32 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 115

The fee for me is now $115 a year plus you must be a member of the NRA to belong to the ETRPC. I live in Longview, not far from the W-M on Gilmer road. As for what I shoot... rifles, shotguns, pistols oh my!

Old 06-09-2012, 09:51 PM   #24

Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

Hey buddy, Welcome. Good folks up there.

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

Old 06-09-2012, 09:54 PM   #25

Liked 32 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 115

I live in Longview, near the W-M on Gilmer road. As for what I shoot... rifles, pistols and shotguns, center fire, rimfire and black powder oh my!

Old 06-09-2012, 10:38 PM   #26

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default Welcome

Welcome, if you can't find it on this forum chances are you don't need to know!

Firearms enthusiasts have long searched for a way to purchase guns and gun accessories affordably. Many people are now discovering that a gun auction, often referred to as penny gun auctions can multiply their purchasing power safely, quickly and affordably. Whether you’re in the market for a Tauras Judge, Ruger LCP, scope or other firearms accessories and tactical equipment you can now obtain these items from firearms penny auctions. The firearms auction arena is allowing the middleclass, blue collared man to purchase firearms and firearms add-ons at a fraction of the retail cost.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Old 06-10-2012, 01:22 AM   #27

I've only been shooting pistols. I did take my Marlin 60 out there to blow the cobwebs & dirt dobber nests out of it, 'cause it'd been 30 years or so since shooting it. Just kidding, I did run a patch through the barrel before shooting it!!

Of course, I've only been shooting on a regular basis for about 3-4 years & seems I just get a pistol broke in & I find another one I want & it follows me home.