Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Texas Gun Forum > Howdy, from N E Texas

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2012, 03:55 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 9

I ain't a vegetarian, but, I do eat vegetables. I love real meat and prefer wild meat, with the wild taste left in.
Now to shooting wild animals, I have no problem with killing a beautiful wild animal "TO EAT!!". I don't approve of killing any wild animal, bird, or fish, unless it is for food.
But...in the case of hogs, they do too much damage. They need to be removed, even if they are shot and left as food for other wild life. Although they are very good to eat and better for a person than a domestic hog. Any wild meat is better for human consumption than domestic animals.

A small portion of my opinion....I have plenty to spare.

Mule

Old 02-20-2012, 10:25 AM   #12

Likes Given: 1

Can't say that I disagree with you, Mule. Makes loads of sense to harvest your meat from the wild, at least to me.

Old 06-08-2012, 09:24 AM   #13

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I know I'm a few months late on this but I noticed a few of y'all around my area, just moved to Longview from Tyler. Glad to know I'm not the only local that's a fan of this forum.

Old 06-08-2012, 10:26 AM   #14

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 9

xRacerX75x, I was in your town (Longview) around 3 weeks ago.
I was there to visit the motorsikle rally at the fair grounds. Only got lost twice.

Old 06-08-2012, 03:57 PM   #15

Liked 35 Times on 29 Posts

I'm a little late to this thread also. Don't know how I missed it. Gilmer area here & I use the East Texas Pistol & Rifle Range in Longview. Any of you folks shoot there?

Old 06-08-2012, 08:58 PM   #16

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Mule,

It is a little confusing but nit near as bad as Tyler and its traffic lol.

Golly,

I shoot there some with guys from work, several of them are members. I just did my NRA membership and now I'm saving up to get my membership there. It's a great range I think, but that's a decent drive for you ain't it

Old 06-08-2012, 11:37 PM   #17

Liked 35 Times on 29 Posts

It's not bad. I list Gilmer 'cause it's probably more recognizable than where I actually live (Union Grove) & probably closer than for you in Tyler. The range is about 20 miles & quite a bit closer than the indoor range I was using there in Tyler.

Yes, I think it's pretty nice also. Charles, the range officer, has done a tremendous job of getting it cleaned up & equipment repaired, compared to what it was just a couple of years ago.

Old 06-09-2012, 01:39 AM   #18

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gollygee
It's not bad. I list Gilmer 'cause it's probably more recognizable than where I actually live (Union Grove) & probably closer than for you in Tyler. The range is about 20 miles & quite a bit closer than the indoor range I was using there in Tyler.

Yes, I think it's pretty nice also. Charles, the range officer, has done a tremendous job of getting it cleaned up & equipment repaired, compared to what it was just a couple of years ago.
I've heard of Union Grove but never been there lol. I work for the Sheriff's Office in Longview so I patrol near Gladewater, and if I'm not mistaken thats just a little north of there right? I'll have to agree with you they have done a lot to the range, was out there just a couple of weeks ago with a partner from work. And a side note Lock & Load in Tyler no longer allows rifles, stopped going over there when I got chewed on for just bring my rifle in the door when there was no sign posted about it.

Old 06-09-2012, 07:06 AM   #19

Liked 19 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 80

Quote:
Originally Posted by gollygee View Post
I'm a little late to this thread also. Don't know how I missed it. Gilmer area here & I use the East Texas Pistol & Rifle Range in Longview. Any of you folks shoot there?
Been a member for the last 10 years or so myself (use to be $50 a year). I was just there a few days ago enjoying the nice weather we had here earlier in the week.

Old 06-09-2012, 08:14 AM   #20

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachilders
Been a member for the last 10 years or so myself (use to be $50 a year). I was just there a few days ago enjoying the nice weather we had here earlier in the week.
Just need a little time to save up cause its $180 for a new comer(according to my partner). Where in the area are you from if you don't mind me asking?

And what do all of us shoot?

I myself prefer my AR and Glock but I've got a Ruger and an SKS I rarely shoot.