Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Texas Gun Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f156/)
-   -   Howdy, from N E Texas (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f156/howdy-n-e-texas-58062/)

confederatemule 02-18-2012 01:03 AM

Howdy, from N E Texas

I am in the Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, corner of Texas. The nearest town is Redwater, but, I get my mail from Maud. I don't know what town I belong to. Actually, I don't live in any town. I do live in Texas, though.

Mule

rigjumpr 02-18-2012 02:11 AM

welcome to the forum Home as you know is where you hang your hat.

rachilders 02-18-2012 06:20 AM

I'm not too far down the road since I'm here in Longview

confederatemule 02-18-2012 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rigjumpr (Post 712314)
welcome to the forum Home as you know is where you hang your hat.

Thanks fer the welcome. Well, I guess this is home, cause I been hangin my hat here fer 34 years, come March 2012.

confederatemule 02-18-2012 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rachilders (Post 712592)
I'm not too far down the road since I'm here in Longview

No, not too far away, around 80 miles, give or take a little.

markej4801 02-18-2012 01:07 PM

Glad to hang my hat here too, since I live over in Arlington. Have lived in TX for a few years (since 1991) with NO plans to move back to the frozen wastelands of Ohio. :D Have been gently involved in firearms for only a few years now, but absolutely believe in my right/duty to use my CHL to its fullest advantage. Since I'm a vegetarian, I don't see much need to take down any animals. I don't feel it's wrong in any way, just not a need for me. So defense and range shooting is my whole experience of shooting sport. I've been doing a LOT of reading and am actively involved in several discussions online. Interested to hear other's history.

bowserb 02-18-2012 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markej4801 (Post 712742)
Glad to hang my hat here too, since I live over in Arlington. Have lived in TX for a few years (since 1991) with NO plans to move back to the frozen wastelands of Ohio. :D Have been gently involved in firearms for only a few years now, but absolutely believe in my right/duty to use my CHL to its fullest advantage. Since I'm a vegetarian, I don't see much need to take down any animals. I don't feel it's wrong in any way, just not a need for me. So defense and range shooting is my whole experience of shooting sport. I've been doing a LOT of reading and am actively involved in several discussions online. Interested to hear other's history.

Hey Mark. I am also veg, and I'm OK with hog hunting, what with their out of control population growth and incredible damage they do. Just don't have the guns for it yet. So I'm CHL and range shooting. Been in Houston and Texas since 1971. 40 years, and before that high school in Baton Rouge LA, U.S. Army three years, and college at LSU. Yep, I'm getting older, but no plans to leave Texas.

texaswoodworker 02-18-2012 10:21 PM

I'm not too far from you either, I over by the TX/OK border in Lamar county. :D

confederatemule 02-18-2012 11:53 PM

Looks like there may be a few of us in this general area.

markej4801 02-19-2012 02:16 PM

Pest Control

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowserb (Post 712773)
Hey Mark. I am also veg, and I'm OK with hog hunting, what with their out of control population growth and incredible damage they do. Just don't have the guns for it yet. So I'm CHL and range shooting. Been in Houston and Texas since 1971. 40 years, and before that high school in Baton Rouge LA, U.S. Army three years, and college at LSU. Yep, I'm getting older, but no plans to leave Texas.

You betcha, hog control is important, just like big rats. Don't know if I have the heart for it, but absolutely see the need. fire on!