Here is some news you need to read. - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Texas Gun Forum > Here is some news you need to read.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2013, 01:25 AM   #11
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1178 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 568

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
I see the current Gov. Perry of Texas inviting "Blue" state refugees to move to Texas. Big mistake. It will be like the Canadian Wolves the Liberals placed in the Mountain States. The difference is we are now allowed to shoot the invasive Democrat Dogs.
We do have OPEN season on invasive species,so let them come if they dare!

The Illegal Mexican's don't like competition!

Lifetime Member-
NRA
Texas State Rifle Association
North American Hunting Club

Old 09-13-2013, 01:32 AM   #12

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

I remember 20 years ago when gun friendly Colorado encouraged the Urban Liberals to their state. They are now suffering under a majority of Liberals and California style gun control.

Old 09-13-2013, 01:52 AM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 467 Times on 316 Posts

Sounds like Texas has some California Democrats trying to spread roots

Old 09-13-2013, 04:01 AM   #14
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2691 Times on 1405 Posts
Likes Given: 216

The only County she could hope of carrying is Travis and even that is iffy with her pro-gun stance. It will be a cold day in Hell before there is another Dem in the Governor's mansion.

But, hey. I'd hit it

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

People Like This 
Old 09-13-2013, 04:48 AM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 221 Times on 141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool
There is no exemption from background checks at gun shows.
If you are buying from a dealer. Many gun shows don't restrict attendees from doing private sales on the floor. I once saw a guy that had a gun rack built onto a pack frame, and was wandering the floor with six ARs, that had little for sale flags in the barrels.

These transactions are totally unregulated, and there is a small percentage that attend specifically to do off book transactions. At shows that try to limit sales to those with tables, guys will sell in the parking lot, or across the street.

I've also witnessed several obvious straw purchases at gun shows. One guy will check out a table, and select a handgun. He then goes somewhere else, and hands his buddy money, and the buddy goes back to the table and makes the buy.

Old 09-13-2013, 02:30 PM   #16
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1178 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 568

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigs-n-fixture View Post
If you are buying from a dealer. Many gun shows don't restrict attendees from doing private sales on the floor. I once saw a guy that had a gun rack built onto a pack frame, and was wandering the floor with six ARs, that had little for sale flags in the barrels.

These transactions are totally unregulated, and there is a small percentage that attend specifically to do off book transactions. At shows that try to limit sales to those with tables, guys will sell in the parking lot, or across the street.

I've also witnessed several obvious straw purchases at gun shows. One guy will check out a table, and select a handgun. He then goes somewhere else, and hands his buddy money, and the buddy goes back to the table and makes the buy.
It's impossible to stop straw purchases unless the dealer actually saw money trade hands from the persons attempting to make a straw purchase,whether it's at a gun show or a store front.
I,as an individual gun owner can sell any gun I want (No Class 3) without any background check to the purchaser,and there's nothing illegal with me selling my personal property to anyone I deem legal to own it.
I always fill out a bill of sale for any firearm transaction whether I'm selling or buying from an individual,and require the other person to let me write down all of their personal information such as a drivers license #,name,address,and phone #.
If they refuse to give me that information,then they do not buy/sell the weapon,it's that simple.

Lifetime Member-
NRA
Texas State Rifle Association
North American Hunting Club

texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 09-13-2013, 08:30 PM   #17

Liked 490 Times on 259 Posts
Likes Given: 106

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigs-n-fixture View Post

So what? It's not against the law to sell your own property. Gun shows make it easy to find a buyer, but I could just as easily go on Armslist or Texas Gun Trader and sell or buy a gun right now. No background check needed as long as I can make the purchase face-to-face.

Straw purchases should be illegal! Oh wait! They are!

That's the problem with laws. No matter how many you break, people just keep breaking them. Maybe we should make a law that says it's illegal to break the law.

Not that I'm ok with people breaking the law and the whole straw purchase thing kind of pisses me off, but this is something that does happen and it is hardly unique to gun shows.

"For every problem there is always a solution that is simple, obvious, and wrong." - Mark Twain

texaswoodworker Likes This