Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Texas Gun Forum > Gun club in dfw

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2012, 02:48 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Default Gun club in dfw

I'm looking to join a coed gun club to have people to shoot with and make friends that have the same interest. If anyone knows of anything let me know.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-17-2012, 05:55 PM   #2

Liked 35 Times on 29 Posts

I don't know if this would apply to a metropolitan area like Dallas/Ft Worth, but I've learned about an American Legion setup in Lindale, Texas that sounds good. They have a park which includes a small lake, picnic & day camping area, as well as an outdoor pistol & rifle range with very reasonable membership fees. Check with your American Legion to see if they have something similar.

Old 09-17-2012, 06:38 PM   #3

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

I'll check. Even going out to Lindell would be nice to get out of the city. I have family near there in grand saline. Thanks

Old 09-17-2012, 09:12 PM   #4

Yeah, would make a nice day trip to meet them for a picnic, a little shooting, etc. Once you got to open road, probably only an hour away, but may take longer than that to fight your way out of that DFW traffic!

Old 09-17-2012, 09:27 PM   #5

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Yeah I thinks it's about an hour and a half drive to get out there from where I live

Old 09-18-2012, 11:42 PM   #6

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 62

Default DFW area gunclub

I'm a memeber of the american legion, I wonder if i could enjoy the "club" at Lindale. I think it would be great fun to picnic and shoot,all at the same area. I guess the contact point would be american legion and go from there, unless there is some other helpful info someone may have. I live in Frisco.

Old 09-19-2012, 01:51 PM   #7

Sure won't hurt to ask. From what I've been told, there is a membership fee & an annual fee for range use. I would suppose your membership fee would be good for either location & the range use fee is like $35 per year which is not bad at all. But don't quote me on this as I haven't personally checked into it yet.