Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   Texas Gun Forum (
-   -   Gun club in dfw (

marine04 09-17-2012 03:48 AM

Gun club in dfw
I'm looking to join a coed gun club to have people to shoot with and make friends that have the same interest. If anyone knows of anything let me know.

gollygee 09-17-2012 06:55 PM

I don't know if this would apply to a metropolitan area like Dallas/Ft Worth, but I've learned about an American Legion setup in Lindale, Texas that sounds good. They have a park which includes a small lake, picnic & day camping area, as well as an outdoor pistol & rifle range with very reasonable membership fees. Check with your American Legion to see if they have something similar.

marine04 09-17-2012 07:38 PM

I'll check. Even going out to Lindell would be nice to get out of the city. I have family near there in grand saline. Thanks

gollygee 09-17-2012 10:12 PM

Yeah, would make a nice day trip to meet them for a picnic, a little shooting, etc. :) Once you got to open road, probably only an hour away, but may take longer than that to fight your way out of that DFW traffic!

marine04 09-17-2012 10:27 PM

Yeah I thinks it's about an hour and a half drive to get out there from where I live

paul 09-19-2012 12:42 AM

DFW area gunclub
I'm a memeber of the american legion, I wonder if i could enjoy the "club" at Lindale. I think it would be great fun to picnic and shoot,all at the same area. I guess the contact point would be american legion and go from there, unless there is some other helpful info someone may have. I live in Frisco.

gollygee 09-19-2012 02:51 PM

Sure won't hurt to ask. From what I've been told, there is a membership fee & an annual fee for range use. I would suppose your membership fee would be good for either location & the range use fee is like $35 per year which is not bad at all. But don't quote me on this as I haven't personally checked into it yet.