Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Texas Gun Forum > Favorite San Antonio Area Range

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2012, 06:14 PM   #1
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 698 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 729

Default Favorite San Antonio Area Range

For those in South Central Texas, where do you shoot?

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-17-2012, 06:56 PM   #2

Check out "a place to shoot". South side San Antonio, nice outdoor range. Laid back staff. I've shot pistols and rifles there. Individual stalls for pistols and rifles.

Old 02-17-2012, 09:58 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefhouse View Post
Check out "a place to shoot". South side San Antonio, nice outdoor range. Laid back staff. I've shot pistols and rifles there. Individual stalls for pistols and rifles.
I'll have to check them out. I usually use 'Bullet Hole' on the west side of San Antone. No complaints so far.

“You’ve got red on you.” — Shaun of the Dead

Old 02-17-2012, 11:04 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Hi all - I live and shoot in San Antonio. I've gone to bullethole many times. I've been leary lately when a guy was killed (head shot) and the abundance of first timers (gun safety issues - Muzzle down range/etc).

I'm looking for a place to shoot in north San Antonio or Boerne area? Anyone know of a place?

Old 02-18-2012, 02:25 AM   #5

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

loneStarhandgun.com
Veteran owned and operated. grate grate bunch of guys

Rigjumpr
Texas CHL Instructor, NRA Handgun Instructor,
Owner Operator- DefenderTX Concealed Handgun training
“American by birth Texan by the grace of God”
“Molon labe”
http://www.ebay.com/itm/151001455519?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p39 84.m1555.l2649

Old 02-18-2012, 10:23 PM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I agree about LoneStar (got my ccl there). Its farther than bullethole - basically new braunfels.

Old 09-01-2012, 12:27 PM   #7

There's a decent range called Bracket out by Rolling Oaks Mall. They've been really busy lately but they're not that expensive. There's also a range, I don't know the name, out on highway 1863 towards New Braunfels. I've heard they're a great place to shoot but just haven't tried them out myself.

Old 09-03-2012, 05:23 PM   #8

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I shoot at A Place To Shoot since I'm only a few miles from it where I live. They just reopened their rifle range (from a lawsuit). It's a good place to shoot and they have a good staff. I think because of a lawsuit they are pretty strict about how you behave there. They are very concerned for your safety and I don't blame them. Still you can have fun there, just don't be stupid.

Old 12-18-2012, 05:42 AM   #9

Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts

Kind of old thread but I would have to say cedar ridge is by fat my favorite they are very strict but with that comes privileges.... You can go down range and adjust you're target and move out closet or further... So you get on the "100 yd" range start off with you're bolts then move it in for your semi autos and your pistols, or what ever floats your boat. They will make you read basic range instructions before you shoot and will ask you questions on what you read. It is very in expensive 12$ per bay. The guys are helpful and have experience I believe they are vets.

Anyone know where I can tactical shoot?

1354676588956.jpg

Old 02-21-2013, 12:15 AM   #10

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Bexar Community Range - East of San Antonio outside of 1604, at Trainer Hale Road (exit # 593). Excllent staff, great class rooms, and the price is right. $10.- to shoot, and they do not count weapons, so 1 or 5, is no difference. If you become a member, it's $60.- per year, and $5.- per visit. I normally take 4 or 5 with me so the cost is great. Some ranges charge you for each weapon, and that gets expensive.