Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Texas Gun Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f156/)
-   -   Favorite San Antonio Area Range (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f156/favorite-san-antonio-area-range-57970/)

notdku 02-17-2012 06:14 PM

Favorite San Antonio Area Range

For those in South Central Texas, where do you shoot?

Beefhouse 02-17-2012 06:56 PM

Check out "a place to shoot". South side San Antonio, nice outdoor range. Laid back staff. I've shot pistols and rifles there. Individual stalls for pistols and rifles.

soldierman79 02-17-2012 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beefhouse (Post 711705)
Check out "a place to shoot". South side San Antonio, nice outdoor range. Laid back staff. I've shot pistols and rifles there. Individual stalls for pistols and rifles.

I'll have to check them out. I usually use 'Bullet Hole' on the west side of San Antone. No complaints so far.

Millerlite 02-17-2012 11:04 PM

Hi all - I live and shoot in San Antonio. I've gone to bullethole many times. I've been leary lately when a guy was killed (head shot) and the abundance of first timers (gun safety issues - Muzzle down range/etc).

I'm looking for a place to shoot in north San Antonio or Boerne area? Anyone know of a place?

rigjumpr 02-18-2012 02:25 AM

loneStarhandgun.com
Veteran owned and operated. grate grate bunch of guys

Millerlite 02-18-2012 10:23 PM

I agree about LoneStar (got my ccl there). Its farther than bullethole - basically new braunfels.

dcheez 09-01-2012 12:27 PM

There's a decent range called Bracket out by Rolling Oaks Mall. They've been really busy lately but they're not that expensive. There's also a range, I don't know the name, out on highway 1863 towards New Braunfels. I've heard they're a great place to shoot but just haven't tried them out myself.

JigSawer40 09-03-2012 05:23 PM

I shoot at A Place To Shoot since I'm only a few miles from it where I live. They just reopened their rifle range (from a lawsuit). It's a good place to shoot and they have a good staff. I think because of a lawsuit they are pretty strict about how you behave there. They are very concerned for your safety and I don't blame them. Still you can have fun there, just don't be stupid.

combateffective4 12-18-2012 05:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Kind of old thread but I would have to say cedar ridge is by fat my favorite they are very strict but with that comes privileges.... You can go down range and adjust you're target and move out closet or further... So you get on the "100 yd" range start off with you're bolts then move it in for your semi autos and your pistols, or what ever floats your boat. They will make you read basic range instructions before you shoot and will ask you questions on what you read. It is very in expensive 12$ per bay. The guys are helpful and have experience I believe they are vets.

Anyone know where I can tactical shoot?

Attachment 75190

CD Woods 02-21-2013 12:15 AM

Bexar Community Range - East of San Antonio outside of 1604, at Trainer Hale Road (exit # 593). Excllent staff, great class rooms, and the price is right. $10.- to shoot, and they do not count weapons, so 1 or 5, is no difference. If you become a member, it's $60.- per year, and $5.- per visit. I normally take 4 or 5 with me so the cost is great. Some ranges charge you for each weapon, and that gets expensive.